Fake Leak: 1.15 items on Blizzard forums

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey guys,

Sorry if there is an existing thread, but I just saw this over on the Blizzard forums:
People have already spotted the inconsistencies and obvious errors and determined that its a fake, but I thought I'd pre-emptively make a thread in case anyone comes here asking about it. It's not bad for a fake, there are some obvious errors:

Layout:
  • The Arreat summit doesn't list items like they have them in the first imgur link
  • The data is pushed down below the left hand navigation menu, which makes me think that someone has just edited the HTML & CSS
Items:
  • Kuko Graphic for a Grand Matron bow in the second imgur link
  • Necro themed shield with Paladin skills
  • See post by Arkan who did a good job of capturing a lot of errors, note that the armour looks like it should be Horazon's Embrace based on theme but it's spelt Horizon's Embrace (but we do have a Horizon's Tornado Scourge that it could be related to, so who knows!...)
Some of these were far too well-balanced to have been created by Blizzard anyway :rolleyes:...

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not sure that there is, but speculation is fun. This was actually a fairly high quality ruse, but a small part of me wishes it was real.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
I saw it was fraud from that bow that casts random sorc spells. There is no way that can be implemented, unless there is a MAJOR update in game mechanics.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes saw that too. Good try, and makes me wanting for a major update even more, since there is still so many possibilities. But yeah ...

DariusTriplet

Diabloii.Net Member
Pity these are fake - an ethereal Icebrand would make for a snazzy end-game weapon!

I wonder what happens if your 15% chance to cast Sorceress skills rolls Warmth or Lightning Mastery :p

darkstarhub

Diabloii.Net Member
Definitely BS. Aside from a remaster to make the graphics better, which Brevik already said would require an extensive overhaul of the game code, and most likely never happen, I would rather Blizzard just leave the game alone.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
With multiple Diablo projects in the works, it's hard to imagine none of them would be D2 related though ...

As long as we are given the choice to keep playing are beloved old version of D2, I'm fine if they try something with it, like a digital remaster.

GooberGrape

Diabloii.Net Member
The one thing I've been hoping for since forever is controller support. I know we had a workaround floating around the forums that was passable, but the existing game code is just built around a point and click architecture. Controller support was probably the only good thing about D3

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
I've always wanted the Inferno bug fixed
That skill is so hilarious at high levels, I'd love for it to actually do damage

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
The one thing I've been hoping for since forever is controller support. I know we had a workaround floating around the forums that was passable, but the existing game code is just built around a point and click architecture. Controller support was probably the only good thing about D3
Controller for a ARPG? To each their own, but that 100% wouldn't work for me.

And it's not really fixed for SP, just on the realms.
I wish they would just enable everything from ladder for SP, including that fix and stuff like Ubers, ladder runewords without mod, ...

I've always wanted the Inferno bug fixed
That skill is so hilarious at high levels, I'd love for it to actually do damage
Agreed completely !!!