Faith MB vs. Faith GMB

Astralbeing

Diabloii.Net Member
Faith MB vs. Faith GMB

It seems to me everyone is looking for faith gmb's all the time. I thought the mb was better because it takes much less to get maxed IAS. Overheard some people saying that faith mb was pretty much worthless, just wondering because I payed close to 6hrs for my faith mb because it only takes an extra 50IAS with 13 fanat to hit max IAS. Is there something so much better about a gmb?

TeknoRat

Diabloii.Net Member
Faith GMB does do more damage per second if you can reach the last speed bracket. The thing is since most of godly zon gear already has IAS you don't really need to sacrifice anything to get to the top speed bracket.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
Aside from the higher damage?

You can get enough IAS from extremely rare gear (such as 120/45 helms and 160/60 armours) to reach max speed on a GMB. You need 95% overall IAS to reach the fastest GA/Multi speed with a slvl 13+ Fanat, or 100% IAS with a slvl 12 Fanat.

You can achieve max speed with something like a 120/45 helm, Highlords/Cat's Eye, 20% IAS gloves and Nosferatu's/Goldwrap, and still leave the armour open for Fortitude/Enigma.

Astralbeing

Diabloii.Net Member
I can see how that all works uout for pure bow, but I'm lf/bow, more worried about keeping better lf gear than getting 90+ IAS, so I figured the mb would be better for my build, am I wrong?

Virility

Diabloii.Net Member
No I do not think you are wrong. If you prefer to kill using the jav skills and want more defense, leech, resists for melee then having a faster bow will work well. If you used primarily the bow with jav for back up like a hybrid, the faster bow might give you some flexibility in gear, using gloves or helm w/o ias but for the mods it adds. It's more interesting when you experiment with different gear finding the "right" mix for your game play.

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
faith mb does about 30% less damage but the positive side is you are not bound to specific gear but can still reach max speed

unfortunatly bowzon severly lacks in damage overall so it is important to squeeze as much as possible from the bow

i guess if you are hybrid and the zon works for you it's ok