Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Faith GMB and Ignore Target Defense

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Stiertje, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Stiertje

Stiertje Diabloii.Net Member

Faith GMB and Ignore Target Defense

I've got some question regarding this bow's Ignore Target Defense property and the Amazon's damage bonus from dexterity.

First of all, for PvM purposes;

- How does Ignore Target Defense apply to monsters. Do I need enough Dexterity to hit 95% or does Ignore Target Defense mean that I don't need more then the bow requirement for Dexterity to hit monsters?

- How much does a lot of Dexterity, say 350 Dexterity, add to total applied damage?

And for PvP purposes;

- Does Ignore Target Defense work in PvP?

- Is a lot of dexterity needed in PvP to hit a high defense opponent?

Greetz and regards,
    Stiertje.

2. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

Basically it lets you hit normal monsters 95% of the time...I don't think it's quite as simple as that but almost:) It doesn't work on Champions/bosses/act bosses.

350 dexterity=350% enhanced damage when you are using a bow. So if you used a bow that did 100 damage 350 dexterity would add 350 damage.

No:(

Generally dexterity isn't the best source of Attack Rating, but I don't know much about PvP...

3. superdave

superdave Diabloii.Net Member

4. Stiertje

Thanks for the fast replies guys.

Anyway, it means I will still need Dex in PvP and maybe some more points in Penetrate to reach a good AR. I already thought ITD didn't work in PvP since I sometimes had a hard time hitting opponents (eg. Holy Shield Paladin). Seems like my points in Dex aren't wasted afterall.

And the extra damage from Dex is also always nice. Especially combined with some nice damage/ar/life charms. Ah well, I think I will settle for my 5k Guided Arrow and pump some Vita now.

Oh, Superdave? I had already checked the Facts and Formulae but I stupidly didn't connect Chance to Hit with Ignore Target Defense so I didn't pay attention to that formula. Thanks for the tip on the other forum post regarding this.

Thanks again guys.
    With regards,
    Stiertje.

5. hulla-hop

hulla-hop Diabloii.Net Member

are you using guided in pvp? in that case you dont need ar, cause its autohit...

6. Stiertje

I also use Multi for a nice arrow spam. Works nice in PvM but it also has its uses in PvP.