rawrj said:yeah my zon, when it was alive :hanky:
it used a faith hydra bow, and fort, and the merc using dragon dream and pride, it did 7k base damage,with out charms, only items and in the end with all the charms i had rolled did a 9k guided arrow,
2 soc giant skull with 2 15 ias juwls
and+3 20 ias bow gloves
was a good dueler until i lag spiked just outside town then some **Edited by Dacar** killed me
moved on and remaking now though hopefully i might be ableto maek it as good as it was
You are forgetting that with 500 dex & fortitute as well as laying of hands all get multiplied by the much higher average max damage of the WF compared to the faith. I also use ias/ed jewel so the difference is bigger than your example. figure 100 more average on wf + dex,fort bonus = 900 average + ed% to demons = 1250 more average. If you multiply the 500% extra ed in your situation * 184, that's less than 1000. sit down and actually do the math and you will see.Leohappy said:Compare these two situations:
Rogue merc w/Faith15 + WF @ lvl 90:
35-519 dmg for 277avg
+144% ed party bonus from Faith
Might merc + Faith 15 GMB @ lvl 90:
60-309 dmg for 184avg
+288% ed bonus from Faith
+210% ed bonus from lvl.18 might
I'm pretty sure might merc with Faith is a better combo, but WF does have a free socket, so I'm not sure how much Ohm or 40-15 would help here. Also GMB has lower str requirements than WF, so that's an extra 26 free points bonus for Faith GMB. It also depends on how much dex your zon has etc. Too lazy to finish all the math right now.
Also don't forget that might merc can hold Pride runeword, which gives 16-20 concentration aura, adding a further 285%-345% ed.
You are welcome for the numbers. I will address each of your points.Leohappy said:I can definitely thank you for the job you did, but I'd like to point out a few things that need to be considered that are not included in your calculations:
1. I don't think 500 dex is a representative value for most bowzons out there. 300-350 dex is a better one, as most people like to have at least 100 vit on their bowzons to avoid 1 hit kills.
2. Faith GMB has lower str. requirements than WF (WF=134, GMB=108), so that's another 26 free points in favor of Faith.
3. Faith provides a bonus of 4-5 extra skills to the bow tree(assuming that 3skill GMB is used), and 1-2 to passive tree. While it's hard to assess impact on damage(if any), strafe does get a 5% bonus to damage / skill level when used.
4. Faith also provides ITD mod. Again it's hard to assess the effect of this, but hitting more often certainly helps the damage some. WF zon has to use Demon Limb to achieve good hitting chances, reducing secondary equipment options.
5. Last but not least, Merc and Valk definitely get a better damage boost when Might+Faith+(Conc) are in use.