Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fairly easy way of getting equipment for a Necro Summoner? <

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by HartleySan, Sep 7, 2010.

1. HartleySan

HartleySan Diabloii.Net Member

Fairly easy way of getting equipment for a Necro Summoner?

I'm not a total newb at Diablo II, but when it comes to building up MF or knowing how to gamble, well, I pretty much don't know what I'm doing.

Anyway, I'm planning on trying to solo Hell with a Necro Summoner, but my big concern is being able to get decent equipment fairly easily.

If anyone could please provide me with some advice or directions to a guide that explains how to get decent equipment without working too, too hard for it, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. shuy

shuy Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Fairly easy way of getting equipment for a Necro Summoner?

Summoner is efective but very slow. I usually start ladder with necro, but I use him only to get stuff for second character (sorc)
    It is cheap, and solo hell with very cheap equipment is not a big problem.

Amu +1 necro skill, "Spirit" sword, "Splendor" in head (best would be +3 skele +3 skelemastery), "Lore" helm, armor Viper, Que Hegan, Spirit Shroud or even Silk of Victor.
    Ring, gloves, boots for res.
    A2 merc with might aura. Weapon Insight (other way you can be short of mana after few corpse explosions).
    Hardest to find are 4 sox sword for Spirit and polearm for Insight. With this stuff you can finish hell solo. Everything you can get on your own or buy for few PGs. Crappy necro torch you can buy for PGs either.

3. HartleySan

Thanks for all that information. Very useful. I have already noted it all. I guess the thing though is that I'm doing SP, not MP. Is it possible to trade PGs for gear in SP? If not, what would be the next best method for acquiring those items?

Again, thank you very much for your advice.

4. HartleySan

Thanks for all that information. Very useful. I have already noted it all. I guess the thing though is that I'm doing SP, not MP. Is it possible to trade PGs for gear in SP? If not, what would be the next best method for acquiring those items?

Again, thank you very much for your advice.

5. HartleySan

Sorry about the double post. The board was acting weird when I tried to post the first time, and I didn't think it actually went through. Was going to erase one of the posts, but it wasn't obvious how to do so.

6. Enilias

Enilias Diabloii.Net Member

Most already has been said by shuy. I do want to add though that although enigma is nice, you can do without teleport very well. Just make creative use of town portals to focus your summons when they get too spread out.

7. HartleySan

Again, I apologize for my "newbiness", but what does '"Spirit" sword', '"Lore" helm', etc. mean? Also, how do I buy stuff with PGs?

If you can only buy stuff with PGs on MP, then I'm SOL, because I'm playing SP. However, if it can be done in SP as well, please explain how.

Sorry, I know these are basic questions, but I haven't the slightest clue. Is there a guide out there that explains these basics? Thank you.

8. zrk

zrk Diabloii.Net Member

You might wanna check out the single player forum here, theres active trading there i think.

And thsoe stuffs are runewords, also i suggest obedience merc weapon(if getting rwm mod), it owns, and getting a good merc is critical for high skelemancer performance

9. HartleySan

Okay, I will check out the SP boards and ask around there. Is there some sort of runeword reference out there, so I can easily see what runewords make what equipment?

Again, thank you all for everything.

10. hubb

hubb Diabloii.Net Member

Try the RuneWord Wizard, it's by far the easiest way to get to know them. It should be in the files section of this forum.

11. shuy

shuy Diabloii.Net Member

Runewords can be foun here:
    http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml

But more clear is here:
    http://home.scarlet.be/ahmo0008/runewizard/

I'm not sure what SP means. If you play Single Player offline you cannot trade with other player. Moreover some runewords like "Spirit" and "Insight" do not work. (I do not reccomend)
    If you play Solo Player, online on Battlenet server, choose ladder character.

How to level your character.
    First create games and kill all monsters in in Den of Evil (first quest). All skill points invest in rise skeleton. Collect all rings and potions - best source of gold. Try to buy from Akara wand with +3 to Rise Skeleton.

At lvl 4-6 with good wand you should have some armor and head/shield with useful skill.
    Try to kill Blood Raven on Cementary (it is hard but possible). If you do it Kashya give you first hireling - big support.
    Now you can go to Stony Field and Dark Wood to rescue Cain.

Now create new game kill all monster in Tristram and Forgotten Tower (Black Marsh). Countess every time drop a rune. Create new games till you get 18 lvl.
    You should be able collect some usefull runes and chipped gems. Try to make your first runeword - Stealth armor (Tal Eth). If you find any helm with 2 sockets put there 2 chipped saphires. Moreover collect any items which give you mana or energy (do not invest any pts in energy, only items - see guides on this forum). You need a lot of mana to use "Corpse Explosion".

At lvl 18 you should kill Andy without problem. Make all quest in A2, 3 and 4. Do not change merc A1 Rouge is best till you (and merc) get lvl 27. Next place where you can get some experience is Chaos sanctuary. This is first place where you can find 4 sox sword. If not any crystal sword, bastard sword or long sword from NORMAL Chaos sanctuary get 4 sox from Larzuk (first quest in Act5). Now you can create "Spirit". From this moment you have enough mana ;)
    Spirit can be used from lvl 25. At lvl 27 you can use "Lore" (Ort Sol) helm and you can hire merc from Act 2. He need lvl 27 to use "Insight" (Ral Tir Tal Sol) polearm.
    At this level you should kill Ancients without problem. If you cannot create game "Ancients please" and wait till somebody help you ;)
    Before you kill Baal you should have level minimum 40. Join game "baalrun" till you achieve this level

REMEBER - during baalruns do not summon revieves and do not create too many skeleton nor mages, unless there are few persons in game. Use curses (decrep) and corpse explosion. Your minions can crash game if there are 8 players who use auras and fire skills.

In Nightmare collect gems, Ral, Sol, Amn, Hel runes and stuff, which can be usefull for Sorc.

12. HartleySan

Will do. And again, thank you all for everything. I've only just reached Act II on Normal, so it'll be a while before I can start getting decent gear, but I'll report back later.

13. squall78

squall78 Diabloii.Net Member

+1 on Obedience the most expensive rune is Ko which isn't a big deal. CB and a lv 21 enchant is no joke. About the ladder runewords you can download RWM which lets you use Insight, Spirit in SP. Check out the SP forums we have a pretty good community for trading.

14. zrk

zrk Diabloii.Net Member

shuy, your strategy leads to slow leveling and slow quest progress though. that is the paradox of playing p8(or rerunning low lvl areas or doing full clears at all) - you end up with more low level items but that is about the only advantage you get.

15. minuses

minuses Diabloii.Net Member

Getting equipment in general is not hard. Items with plus skills should not be that hard to get its just the crazy runewords and high uniques that are not easy to get.

16. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop Diabloii.Net Member