Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fair trade?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by fallenSOL, Sep 6, 2006.

1. fallenSOL

fallenSOL IncGamers Member

Fair trade?

I traded my gull for....

39%tarnhelm, +2 pally ammy with 10%fcr, rare cepte 8-19dmg +2 skills +2vigor 6% mana leech and +10%atk speed, and a pair of tearhanch greaves +20%run/walk +2vigor +5str and dex all res +10.

Was I ripped?

-------------

Did not put this is the price check section because I already traded.

2. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

ripped? not like robbed blind, but probably not a trade I would have made.

did the pally ammy have any resists, or other mods? did the sceptre? if the sceptre didn't have any resist, it's really not any better than a shopped one. that being said, I did trade a shopped +2/+1conc/+2 bh sceptre for a gull. (no fcr on it) terhaunches are something that for some reason go in and out of demand, so I tend to keep at least one pair muled.

one thing about the gear you got, it won't really contribute to a "vita din" (ie the ideal hammerdin build) but if you can't afford a decent din shield, that gear tossed on a gskin din, with a p diamond shield (or even steelclash) should allow you stand right in the thick of it in cs runs, and get gobs of exp (and potentially drops)

3. Dwade

Dwade IncGamers Member

Im not sure but i dont think + to vigor or any other synergy adds damage to blessed hammer. Remember reading somewhere that only points directly added to them affect hammer damage. So that would mean that only + to hammer and concentration on a scepter would affect damage, but im not sure, so double check.

4. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I believe you are correct, however, it should affect vigor/speed to a degree.

my din's boots are not frw, so I switch to vigor when charging to move from one seal to another (the baba's/item poppers appreciate the boost to help keep up as well)

from my experience in public csing, I'm guessing about 1/3 to 1/2 of the dins do this as well.

5. purplelocust

purplelocust IncGamers Member

Indeed, points from items never count as synergy bonuses. A scepter with Vigor on it or Tearhaunch will speed up the effects of your pre-existing Vigor (but not much- a hammerdin will already have Vigor maxed and level 20 Vigor gives 43% FRW and level 26 gives 46% FRW, so the difference would hardly be noticable.) A scepter with Vigor is much handier for builds that don't already have points in Vigor, as that way you can use Vigor to get around without putting any points in it or its prequisistes (Prayer, Cleansing and Defiance are not nearly as useful as Vigor for many builds.) So a melee paladin appreciates Vigor from Tearhaunch or a scepter much more than a hammerdin would.

An off-the-charts fanatastic divine scepter for a Frostalot, for example, would have +2 pally +3 Holy Frost +3 Zeal (or Fanaticism or Holy Shock) +3 Vigor, ITD, ED%, IAS, but the probability of such weapon spawning is infinitessimal.

6. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I don't know if we're allowed to talk about this, but in the days of D1, and Rays' trainer, and other 3rd party apps, the types of weapons that were 'artificially spawned' were eye popping back then, I can only shudder to think about what D2 would be like if people were readily, and easily able to 'create' or import eye popping types of items like one could back in D1.

Frankly, it would IMHO be the bane/ruin of the game.

7. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

Ive joined some open games (lod) with level 99 characters
    and well.. they were using level 99 thorns aura for example
    so melee was impossible (you hit, you die)

8. purplelocust

purplelocust IncGamers Member

There is a huge difference between items that could possibly spawn in the game and the edited items/characters that are possible on open battle.net and were common in D1: 7000 life characters with 2000 damage weapons etc are in a totally different category. The items that could possibly spawn we can dream about and have crude approximations of, whereas the edited ones ruin the game instantly.

9. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

Pretty much. Rare boots with high Res (and Dex if you use Shard) are so much better than Tearhauches, so I suggest you find better boots. The ammy, while +2 FCR, is easily outdone by a +1 Priz w/ or w/o stats on it. The Scept is just crap; you can shop a much better one in Hell Act 2 from Drognan. The Tarn, for a beginning HDin, is not bad, but find a rare FHR Life Res Helm to replace it later on.

Good luck!

- Akukami