Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Failed to Join?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by DRCL, Jul 8, 2010.

1. DRCL

DRCL IncGamers Member

Failed to Join?

Hello,

I first played D2/D2:LoD about 5-6 years ago.
    I've played between then and now a couple times, but barely ever get past a few weeks.
    I've been playing SP for a while now, but I've decided Bnet is where it's at.. Anyways, with the discovery of this thread, I've decided to test it out and if it works may as well play on Bnet.

Anyways, the problem I'm having is connecting to games.. I attempted to create my own and it says Failed to Join after a little bit..
    I just tried connecting to another game and I'm able to do that..
    So, now is it the fact I have the game installed twice that is causing me problems, or is it something else I don't know?

Thanks to anyone who can help out..

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  2. Ladvarian

Ladvarian IncGamers Member

Re: Failed to Join?

When you create the game neither of your characters can join the game? Or do you mean that you cannot join with the second character? I'm going to assume a few things...
    1. That you are using a different short-cut to different installs of D2 for each user
    2. That you installed each install under a different user, not the same user to install both, windows might be trying to run d2 from the last install
    3. That you are user switching and that your connection does not end when you switch accounts
    4. That you have two different sets of cd-keys, 2 different cd-keys for classic and 2 different cd-keys for LOD
    5. Fast User Switching was started some years ago. I do not know that it still works, Blizzard may have found a way to disable this
    6. You are fully aware that any modification falls under the possibility that Blizzard may ban your account and maybe your cd key as well

Assuming that you cannot join the game from the second character and the above assumptions are true, I looked into the thread with the search option and found this...

Try running one or both accounts as admins. You might also want to try the part that says --Optional-- Hope it helps. Also you did not say if you were running xp, vista or win7.

3. IncubatorJones

IncubatorJones IncGamers Member

Bnet has been like that for days now. Only every 4-5th game I create is succesful. This is in Europe

4. DRCL

DRCL IncGamers Member

Yeah, sorry, should have came back to edit this out, but it was kind of late and was tired.
    It just seems to be a connection issue.. I'm able to create games now, at least most of the times.
    As for my original problem was just getting my first char to create a game, nevermind joining with my second.

It all works though,
    XP with both accounts administrator. Each has a different folder and shortcuts point to separate files. I did install both on the same user though and no problems with that.

Anyways, yeah it all just seems to be a connection issue, doubt it's mine as I've got a lot better speeds than when I last played and when I did last play I don't remember having these connection problems..

I know I'm going offtopic, but have to say D2 seems a lot of fun... Ran into a "frees" game and actually started getting stuff.. Lol. First time ever.
    I'll probably start looking for answer now about this, but if anyone who passes by wants to help out..
    What exactly denotes a 'enigma' armor as bad or good? I remember when I played a few years back I finally got my first enigma and some guy told me it sucked ;\ I don't think the stats were bad on it.. So no idea what he meant..
    I may be looking to trade for one later on when I actually have my chars high enough to wear it, but can anyone give some insight on what I should look at on the 'enigma' armor.
    Thanks!

5. Feysal

Feysal IncGamers Member

The only thing that varies on an Enigma armor is defense. With a good base armor to make Enigma in, the defense can go up to 1350+, but people often want a lighter base armor to make Enigma in, resulting in a total defense of 1200-1300.

No Enigma can ever suck though, even in a low base armor it is one hell of an armor. Whoever told you it sucked was a fool.