Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Failed to Join

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Marjorie Bowen, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Marjorie Bowen

Marjorie Bowen IncGamers Member

Failed to Join

I seem to be getting a "Failed to Join" message frequently, even when I'm creating a game. Once I get the first one, I can't seem to create any games with that character unless I exit and restart.

What's going on? What can I do to prevent this msg/situation from happening?

2. TheBe

TheBe IncGamers Member

In my experience it just comes sometimes, but goes away in few minutes. Just be patient (sometimes it goes away when I join random public game), and it will go away.

3. pliu

pliu Banned

No idea what happened . But I think that is simliar to a temp ban and your char was taged by the bnet so the only way is to wait or play another char. It is better than not allow you to login for your IP temporary though.

4. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

I've been getting these a lot lately. Even when I'm just starting out with the first game of the night. :banghead:

5. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

I've been getting these a lot lately. Even when I'm just starting out with the first game of the night.

Yeah.. it's pretty annoying how that happens. My internet is always super fast when I'm too busy too play, and continuously disconnects when I touch D2 for the first time in months

6. Esuna

Esuna IncGamers Member

Happens to me sometimes, not too often, most of the is only when something is lagging me.

7. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

I seem to be getting a "Failed to Join" message frequently, even when I'm creating a game. Once I get the first one, I can't seem to create any games with that character unless I exit and restart.

Oh... and another solution would just be to play on another character for a while.

8. spiffymcbang

spiffymcbang D3 Trade Moderator<br> America, USEast (D2)<br> Ne

Whats is similar to getting a connection intrupted (CI)
    You create a game and Bnet is too laggy to let you into the game, however it "thinks" you entered the game. Therefore your character ends up "ghosting" until about 5 mins have gone by. The usual time it would take for a game that has been up for more than 5 mins, to expire. If this happens you should not have to wait more than 5 min to enter a new game. Pain in the butt but that is bnet for you.

Back in August it was really bad like this, every other game was a ftjg message but then they banned around 30000 users with 3rd party programs and it fixed it right away. The bots where gone for few months.

Spiff.