Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

'Failed to join game'

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by dkass, Apr 29, 2005.

1. dkass

dkass IncGamers Member

'Failed to join game'

Hope I'm in the right place. Can't play on battle net so I play single player by hosting a multiplayer game. This has worked for a while, but yesterday I tried to host and got the 'Failed to join game' error message. The only thing I have done is linked the computer to my laptop via a D-link switch. I disconected the link, but the error message stayed. Can anyone help me with a fix for this, or is it a reinstall? Operating system is Win98SE. Thanks...

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

im not sure what you mean by that. Can you go on closed bnet? or Are you playing open bnet?

3. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

I think the problem fixes itself, at least it did to me, in some minutes.
    I used to get that plenty of times when I played tcp/ip games, you meant those right? Though once I realized how much cooler the ladder games are, I quit tcp/ip.

4. dkass

dkass IncGamers Member

'Failed to join game'

Sorry, I didn't explain enough. What I do is select multiplayer, then TCP/IP game and then host the game, so I'm in a multiplayer game, but I'm the only one there. As I said, this has worked fine apart from some freezing when accessing the map. In the M/p game there are more monsters and they are tougher, so it's more of a challenge. There's no chance of me getting on to Battlenet as the link here is woefully slow. I can play a single player game ok, tho it's much easier, but it seems the game is not hosting or something when I try the multiplayer. I have tried it on & off for a week or so now, and it hasn't righted itself. Thanks for your input.

5. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

no need to play tcp/ip for harder monsters. if all you want is harder monsters, i believe there's a command - /players8 in sigle player mode that sets the monsters as if 8 players were in the game. i've never done it, but have seen it mentioned a few times.

6. xxraiderxx

xxraiderxx IncGamers Member

You're right... the command is brought up by going to the chat screen and typing /players N where N is a number from 1-8.

7. dkass

dkass IncGamers Member

Thanks

Thanks guys, I'll give that a try.