"Failed to join game"

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
"Failed to join game"

Ok, why does this annoying thing keep coming up more and more frequently...I just had it come 8 times in a row.

And not only that, it makes you wait a long time instead of just throwing you right back out...very annoying.

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Gorny

Banned
Lord Chaos said:
Ok, why does this annoying thing keep coming up more and more frequently...I just had it come 8 times in a row.

And not only that, it makes you wait a long time instead of just throwing you right back out...very annoying.

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Not sure but usually when I enter and leave a game too fast and too many times, while checking mules I get disconnected from B.net. Also get a message saying there is no avtive internet connection...when there really is.

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
Happens to everyone. Wait a few seconds before joining a game. Otherwise you could be tagged, which can also cause it.

Kitten~The~Evil

Diabloii.Net Member
I usually have to wait about 5 minutes before it will let me join again. Makes for a good drink/restroom break ;)

Don't know what causes it - but I've had it do it to me in group games, and none of the group members were able to rejoin again right away.

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
I am not talking about the ban thing...I am talking about the failed to join game that just kicks you back into B-net...you can make or join again immediatly...the wait with a black screen to get the "failed to join game" is annoying as hell though

Kitten~The~Evil

Diabloii.Net Member
Lord Chaos said:
I am talking about the failed to join game that just kicks you back into B-net...
That's what I'm talking about too... I usually just make a channel and sit it out. I have noticed that if I keep trying to get into games, it seem to take longer for me to get into them than if I just let my character sit it out (or that could be because I get so dang frustrated when I keep trying to enter games and it won't let me... heheh)

Just park your character in a channel for about 5 minutes and try again, you should be fine.

Oh, and another observation - it usually happens to me after I've been lagged out of a game... no, it always happens after I've been lagged out. Were you lagged out before this started happening to you?

Wolv

Diabloii.Net Member
It lasts for about half a minute before kicking U out to the channels. Feels like an eternity tho...when that happens to me more than twice in a row I exit entirely outta D2 and try again...

Killfrenzy

Diabloii.Net Member
a lot of the time with me when it does this i can correct the problem by exiting back to my character selection screen