Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"Failed to join game"

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Lord Chaos, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

"Failed to join game"

Ok, why does this annoying thing keep coming up more and more frequently...I just had it come 8 times in a row.

And not only that, it makes you wait a long time instead of just throwing you right back out...very annoying.

Does anyone know what is causing this?

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Not sure but usually when I enter and leave a game too fast and too many times, while checking mules I get disconnected from B.net. Also get a message saying there is no avtive internet connection...when there really is.

3. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Happens to everyone. Wait a few seconds before joining a game. Otherwise you could be tagged, which can also cause it.

4. Kitten~The~Evil

Kitten~The~Evil IncGamers Member

I usually have to wait about 5 minutes before it will let me join again. Makes for a good drink/restroom break ;)

Don't know what causes it - but I've had it do it to me in group games, and none of the group members were able to rejoin again right away.

5. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

I am not talking about the ban thing...I am talking about the failed to join game that just kicks you back into B-net...you can make or join again immediatly...the wait with a black screen to get the "failed to join game" is annoying as hell though

6. Kitten~The~Evil

Kitten~The~Evil IncGamers Member

That's what I'm talking about too... I usually just make a channel and sit it out. I have noticed that if I keep trying to get into games, it seem to take longer for me to get into them than if I just let my character sit it out (or that could be because I get so dang frustrated when I keep trying to enter games and it won't let me... heheh)

Just park your character in a channel for about 5 minutes and try again, you should be fine.

Oh, and another observation - it usually happens to me after I've been lagged out of a game... no, it always happens after I've been lagged out. Were you lagged out before this started happening to you?

7. Gorny

Gorny Banned

That happens to me as well. Sometimes for no reason and on occasion when I lag out of a game. Annoying.

8. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

It lasts for about half a minute before kicking U out to the channels. Feels like an eternity tho...when that happens to me more than twice in a row I exit entirely outta D2 and try again...

9. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

a lot of the time with me when it does this i can correct the problem by exiting back to my character selection screen