Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Failed to Create game...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by XchokeholdX, Oct 4, 2006.

1. XchokeholdX

XchokeholdX Banned

Failed to Create game...

Yes, you read it right,

when I log in, and MAKE a game, it gives me the Failed to join game.

when I use my other account (same cd), it works fine...

I think my Bnet cache is corrupt, or not?

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Failed to create game usually happens if battle.net thinks your character is already logged into another game, and doesn't have anything really to do with cd-key. This is generally why one character might get it abit, but another character won't.

The character that gets the failed to join, did he/she recently get disconnected from a game? How long have these "failed to join" sequences been happening? You could try to delete the bncache.dat file from your D2 directory if you wish, as it'll just be re-created when you log back onto battle.net (though whether it'll fix the problem, I'm not sure).

Edit: You can also try to delete the realm folder in your save directory too (or move it out of your D2 save folder, if you want to be extra careful).

3. XchokeholdX

XchokeholdX Banned

yeah, I´ll try than when I get home from work, thanks.

I already found it strange that my other account was fine, for making/joining games.(same cd)

I hope it will work, because my HR mule and my MF character(s) are on that account.

Wish me luck!

4. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

The char will eventually be able to join games. It's just that for a brief time, you might be unable to.

Like I posted above in the edit, you could also try to delete realm folder in the save directory as well.

5. Inokis

Inokis IncGamers Member

It never hurts to delete the bncache.dat file. This doesnt sound like its your bncache.dat, just as orphan described. One thing i have noticed in your situation, is that if i join a game, rather than create, and i successfully join, then I can create after the fact. This doesn't happen often but its worth a shot.