Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Failed to connect to battle.net

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Maastaat, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Maastaat

Maastaat IncGamers Member

Failed to connect to battle.net

Alright I started to play diablo again over the summer, it worked fine until about four days ago when i got the messege that i have failed to connect to battle.net. I am still recieving this message and have no idea of how i can resolve this problem. I have tried uninstalling and reinstaling the game but that still dosent work. I still have internet accses to everything else including other games. Does anyone know what i can do to solve this problem?

2. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

3. Maastaat

Dont think its either of those because although i am using a router for the computer its currently installed on, i have tried installing it on my other computer which i have tried hooking directly to my computer with no results. I looked at the second link and tried multiple fixes but im still having this problem, what would cause it to appear after working fine for multiple months?

4. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

if you connect your computer directly to the cable/dsl modem and it doesnt work, your isp might be blocking ports, make sure windows firewall isnt in the way if your using windows defender ect..

to connect 2 computers together without a hub or router youll need a crossover cable and to manually assign similar ip's to each computer ex. 192.168.0.xxx

5. Maastaat

I currently have no firewalls up so i dont think that is the problem. Is there a quick and simple way to check what ports are being blocked?

6. Maastaat

Anyone have any other ideas, also how can i find out if a port is being blocked?