Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

FAIL-Free Fridaily!!!1!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by jamesixgun, May 7, 2010.

1. jamesixgun

jamesixgun Diabloii.Net Member

FAIL-Free Fridaily!!!1!

YoYo.

No Fails today. Nope.

RL: Up with the alarm, groggy, but happily; shave/shower/coffee; pay bills; interwebsurf; make sandwich; pack to go; realize I have 15 minutes, why not start a daily?

So. In a bit, I'll go off to workings, at which I'll perform workings, and after which I'll no longer be performing paid workings for the rest of the weekend (unless I go to mominems for some 'work' and belittling, but that's another story).

Then, I'll come back and continue my quest for a ubuntu pwnage. If you didn't see me raving in the bar, after a week of cursing and effing up and reinstalling and trying alternate versions and reinstalling, I finally have a pretty and highly functional (so it appears) version of ubuntu on the old macbook (and might partition the mbp and try it there over the weekend, but maybe not just yet).

My goal for today and tomorrow is to get d2 functional in wine. I had it pretty much right over the weekend, except for the lack of sound, but then I did the aforementioned try new versions, reinstall, etc. and lost the functional (if very quiet) d2. I have no idea what the problem was, or what issues will arise, but I bet there's some information on solutions in the depths of the interwebs...

D2: see above

Have a good Friday everyone!

2. zarqu

zarqu Diabloii.Net Member

Re: FAIL-Free Fridaily!!!1!

RL: Another day at the barracks (I'm a conscript in the Finnish Defence Forces atm). Excited to get home for the weekend. Need beer. Lots.

D2: Very excited. Thanks to 1.13, I have the runes to make Infinity. I pondered about making it for a while, because it will empty my rune stash for a while. Another option would've been Jah for something... Anyways, I have a Zon and a Sorc (obviously) so letting the merc use it will probably provide the best utility.

3. moiselvus

moiselvus Diabloii.Net Site Pal

RL: nothin today so i have a full day to...

D2: run baal for his essence, (done like 15+runs already... all other bosses gave it within 3 runs :( ) and then run baal as a blizzsorc for a load of nice items :D

4. Sparks

Sparks Diabloii.Net Member

RL: Spent an hour and a half cleaning the bathroom from top to bottom, kinda knackered now. Been watching the election results on and off, it's a hung parliament so it'll be interesting to see what happens now.

D2: Leveling my Ladder Barb, hes in Act IV. I'm looking forward to getting to NM Countess so I can some better Rune Words. The main problem will be getting bases for weapons.

5. neumein

neumein Diabloii.Net Member

>>Jgun: Good to see you're doing well with Ubuntu (or is that Ubuntu is doing well with you :p ). An interesting application you may want to look into is PlayOnLinux. It's basically a shiny interface for wine, but comes with lots of different scripts for automatically configuring games. Saves you some time setting up the fiddly bits, and with a shiny gui to boot. Love it.

RL: Had a day at work that I would rather forget. It's over now, so let's move onto other, happier things.

D2: Nope. Still haven't gotten round to reinstalling it, even though I upgraded to ubuntu 10.04 a number of days ago... the urge to play is creeping up on me though...

Have a good one guys!

Cheers
    Nathan

6. SpeedLimit

SpeedLimit Diabloii.Net Member

RL: Nothing really going on today. Have a friend coming into town that I haven't seen in a long time. I'll get to play some D2 with other people, but my two D2 friends insist on playing Bnet so we'll have to do that, I guess. Probably for the best, neither of them are on this forum, so it could cause issues anyway.

Also, my friend and I were online last night, and I was asking around for a few k gold to get started, and some dude just started giving us all this stuff. SS (both kinds), a homonc, full nat's, bunch of charms, all the basic rings and ammys, gave my friend a death for his barb, a torch for his barb, and an SoJ for me since he didn't have a necro or assn torch. He readily admited it was from a bot.

Don't you just LOVE Bnet?

7. TalkingDonkey

TalkingDonkey Diabloii.Net Member

Since I started up again, all my questing is in Hardcore with my Fishymancer Steve. He's now partway through Act V nightmare and having no problems. Although I have reached the point where I have 10 points in Corpse Explosion and I'm not sure if I'll add any more. But then again, I don't know what else I'm going to spend my points on. dim vision? Decrepify? Attract? Bone Wall? Yeah, I got nothing.

when I started up again, I still had access to a lot of my old characters and I've been using one of my Sorc's to run around in LK clicking chests left and right. I found a vex and a Gul today. I probably did it for about 2.5-3 hours total. Well then.