Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fade with Safety Crafted Items- would minus 40+ all damage be good?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by lextalionis, Feb 1, 2004.

1. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

Fade with Safety Crafted Items- would minus 40+ all damage be good?

Most characters require items to get PDR and Resists but almost all resists and PDR can be gotten off of FADE instead. Thus letting you use any items you wanted. Then I was thinking about maxing DR and MDR by using the Crafting items recipes. There maybe unique items that would actually be better than the crafted items for this build, but I was wondering if this would be worth anything. I think that resists and %DR is calculated before knocking this number off so this could be fairly significant and make for a good tank. Plus when crafting you'll get other mods too so you can get f/rw or +skills and stuff. It would be interesting for building a tank. Of course you might want to still substite a Guardian Angel, or Thundergods and a Dwarfstar to this setup, but I think it'd be an interesting concept.

Magic Resistance +(5-10)% --Shield only
    Magic Damage Reduced By (1-2)
    Damage Reduced By (1-4)

Life Damage Reduced by 4-7 Amulets(35)[4], Circlets(35)[4](41)[4-7], Body Armor(41)[4-7], Shields(41)[4-7]
    Life Everlasting Damage Reduced by 10-25 Amulet(45), Circlets(45)
    Anima Damage Reduced by 8-15 Body Armor(51), Circlets(51), Shields(51)
    **Magic Items can have these as suffixes so Crafted Armor, ammies, circets and shields are inferior to potential Magic versions available

2. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

there was an old build that worked on the same concept with energy shield and Sol runes.

4 sol armor
    3 sol helm
    4 sol shield
    =77?
    and then an amulet with 25
    =102~

I have no idea what happened to the build, but it was viable. im not sure if it would be with PDR though. maybe you could do some testing?

3. Anidem

Anidem Banned

It sound good but those numbers are obtainable through equip. freeing up 19 valueable skill points.

4. Boooyakasha

Boooyakasha IncGamers Member

The damage will be deducted from the -damage first, then PDR% deals with whatever the left over. This is awesome considering the heaviest damage monster deals is around 180 (Not including boss pack).

Apparently someone did some testing and you are immune to most monsters' melee damage and no more stunning because of receiving heavy damage. No need to worry about Amplified Damage too as the damage will be deducted first so you will be receiving very very small damage.

Shop around and you will most likely find items with Jeweller's prefix and Life Everlasting suffix which gives you the maximum -damage you can get, you can start using them on lvl 27 :)

5. Bootz24

Bootz24 IncGamers Member

Mmmmm makes my +2 Pally Combat / -24 Damage Reduction Ammy more tasty

*Hard_Coors2

6. built2burn

built2burn IncGamers Member

is anyone going to try this?