Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fade Vs. Burst of Speed

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by JohnnyBravo, Apr 7, 2004.

1. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo IncGamers Member

Fade Vs. Burst of Speed

I need to give you a little background info first. Just for fun I'm gonna run a chartacter according to my Weaponless Tourney Rules and I chose assasin. I am however running into a resistance problem. The tourney rules state that if I use the kick line of skills (which I will be) I can't wear boots and for visual effect I'd like to not use a shield. So what equipment does that leave me? Head, armor, amulet, rings and any charms I can find.

With the max possible for head, amulet and rings I can get 90% resistance. (30 from a circlet, 30 from ammy, and 15 from each ring). I can reach 100+ in resistance if I'm lucky in finding good charms.

So here is my questions. For this situation would it be best to use the Burst of Speed or Fade?

2. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Zertuals_Ovrlrd IncGamers Member

Well, I'm not familliar with your tournament rules but... I've always considered fade worth a point (and likewise salvation for paladins), just for those sticky situations.

Since BoS is a prereq for Fade you can just use witchever one the situation warrants.

Z_O

3. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

niot sure about the tourney, but I use BoS in Normal/NM and then switch to fade in Hell where I'm more like to be seriously lacking in res

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

havng a good shield, socketed with diamonds can really save your ***, especially later on when res counts for something, as will block as your melee. id rather look ok rather than good but be able to survive whatever is around the corner.

5. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

I'd seriously consider using a shield, so that you can pdiddy it and use BoS instead of Fade. Without boots I think you're really gonna need the added (over time) damage and ancillary effects, as well as that handy faster R/W.

But who am I to argue with the dictates of fashion?

If you won't use a shield, I'd still be tempted by BoS. Either way it's gonna be tough though.

I'm curious, can you use Fists of Fire or is that disallowed?

6. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo IncGamers Member

7. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

I'd go with Fade you are needed the resistances plus there is an added bonus of PDR 1% per slvl of Fade while the buff is on. I know that this will cost a significant amount of speed from your char but you don't have the extremely high damage output so it's better to be progressing slower/more cautiously anyways. I would keep a point in BoS to use in a sticky situation and have a hotkey or other fast way to use BoS to escape but Fade seems like the better choice in your case.

8. ricrestoni

ricrestoni IncGamers Member

If you are feeling lucky, Jade Talons and 10~15% res all jewels.