Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

fade and shadow master

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by vdzele, Mar 24, 2004.

1. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

fade and shadow master

I have a level 79 trap assassin with

Fade level 20 (with my +skills)
    Master shadow level 17 (with my +skills)

My questions are:

Does PDR rise if you have more then 20 skill points in fade? Meaning 28 points of fade is equal to 28% of PDR. I have found lots of posts with different opinions. Some say it's capped at 20. Cause if it's not then :cheesy:

Do I need to invest/spend 17 of my skill points in to shadow master so she can get the last valuable item at that level: rare amulet? Or she already has it from my +skills. (btw is level 17 optimal).

so far nobody answered me this at the assassin forum. :innocent:

2. Ruvanal

Ruvanal IncGamers Member

The physical resist from fade is at 1%/skill level of the fade. So a skill level 28 fade would give 28% physical resistance.

The shadow master will be generated at whatever skill level of SM that the character has at the time of its casting. So you could switch to some equipment that boosted your skill level to say 20 (base points +skill items) and she would still have those characteristics (including what she gets for equipment) even after you switched back to full combat gear. Useful in some cases to use a skill shrine to buff up the summons like shadow master, valkyrie and necro skeletons by this technique.

3. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

Does this "trick" (switch weapon) also works for fade?

4. kridebbent

kridebbent IncGamers Member

The "trick" works for virtually all skills in the game, the only exceptions being some ongoing-damage spells like Sorceress Thunderstorm, and Druid Hurricane & Armageddon. Those spells revert to current level when weapon-switching. All "buff" and "summoning" type spells remain at the level they were cast, no matter what. (One caveat is that summoning spells that involve different numbers of summoned creatures, like Necro Raise Skeleton, will only allow you to have as many summoned creatures as your current skill level permits. So for example, if you have 1 "hard" skill point in RS, and a +2 wand equipped, and raise 2 skeletons, the second skeleton will *poof* as soon as you switch off from the wand. But the 1 remaining skeleton will have the stats of slvl 3 skeletons, not slvl 1. Make sense?)

Short answer: yes, Fade remains at the level it was cast regardless of subsequent changes in your character's equipped gear.

5. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

This caveat also includes using items to gain SM, or SW. as soon as those items are switched out the minion vanishes. At least that has been my experience with my trap tree only trapsin.

Also the duration remains the same even if the items are switched. This works in both directions switching to a higher skill level will not alter buffs that have already been cast.