Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fable's PvP Enchantress Guide

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Fable13, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Fable13

Fable13 IncGamers Member

Fable's PvP Enchantress Guide

History
    Back in 1.09 a friend introduced me to the wonderful game of diablo. My first passion was the PvP Throw Barb. When I mean passion I mean obsession.The first one I made was tricked out with everything I could afford but sadly I lost him to a hacked or stolen account. The second one was just as good if not better but only this time a friend was mad at me and deleted him. =/ My last and final attempt who was nearest to my heart was FablePvP and he had everything even a 08 Arreats with a legit 39/15 max jewel and a perf cruel winged harpoon of quickness 300ed 40ias. Unfortunently to make him me and a friend had turned to the darker side of d2. The giant duping process at the end of 1.09 we were one of the few who had it first so naturally we sold alot before everyone new it was duped. Needless to say our characters we frozen. After that we gave up ever duped item every hack or bot forever. That was when I lusted for something different that something was the Enchantress.

Skills
    20 Warmth
    20 Enchant
    20 Fire Mastery

Those three should be obvious,but what to do with the excess skill points?

Defensive Route

Shiver Armor-maxing shiver armor will give a giant defense bonus not to mention if you get it high enough everytime a opponent attacks you (they dont have to hit you) you could deal out as much as 120 cold damage. This can easily add up if you have max block and a very high defense

Energy Shield Route

Energy Shield and Telekinese-maxing these and pumping energy shield to lvl 40 will give you a wopping 95% energy shield. This means that 95 percent of the damage dealt to you will be redirected to your mana. Now heres something you may have not known telekineses has an unlisted feature when its maxed it will convert every point of physical dmg to .75 dmg to mana instead of 2 points of damage to mana.

Offensive Route

Lightning Mastery-By maxing lightning mastery and filling your inventory up with lightning damage charms you can pump out some amazing lightning damage. This will catch alot of people off guard because they have put a butt load of effort in to maxing there fire res into the 95 range and equiping absorb. Wont they be suprised when your still killing them because theve focused all of there energy on absorbing fire attacks.

Stats
    Dex - Put as many points into this as you need to wear your equipment and have 75% Block. Dont be dainty when you do this you can never have enough dex unless you start focusing all points into it and none into your life source.

Str-As little as your possibly can, this really does nothing good for you.

Vit-All spare points here if you dont choose to go energy shield route

Eng-All spare points here if you dont choose to go shiver armor route

Gear

Helm
    Shako-Fire Faceted Great Skills, boost to life and mana, stats, Dr
    Crown Of Ages-Either Doubled Sol Or Double Fire Facet, Nice Boost To Skills, Fhr, Dr, And Res ONLY USE THE SOLS IF YOU ARE GOING ENERGY SHIELD ROUTE.

Ammy
    Maras Ammy-skills, res, and stats
    Highlords Wrath-Maybe this is viable other people seem to think so maybe because of the ias and deadly strike I suppose the 1 skills is nice to

Armor
    Chains Of Honor-Res, Str Boost, Skills
    Perf Upped Umed Or Faceted Vipermage-Res, Skills, Def
    Perf Gladiators Bane-Sol Runed Only For Energy Shield Build
    Ok so say some WW Barb 10,000 Dmg

10,000 Dmg
    1666 Dmg-Pvp Penalty
    83 Dmg-95% Energy Shield
    42 Dmg-41 Dmg Reduction From 3 Sol Runes so thats 21 and a perf
    Gladiators bane that adds 20.
    22 Dmg-To life to life

And

1666 PvP Penalty
    1582 Dmg To Mana Energy Shield
    1187 Dmg To Mana With Telekinese

Now im not going to lie thats going to need one huge mana pool. But if you wear the right gear and assign the write points you will be able to tank a few hits from a 10k dealing barb.

Gloves-Ik Gloves(The Syn between the gloves boots and belt is 25 fhr, 20 ias, res, and some other descent stuff not to mention you get 45 Extra str.
    Frost Burns-wear these if you follow the energy shield route

Belt-Ik belt or gloomstrap if you follow energy shield route

Boots-Ik boots or silkweaves if you follow the energy shield route

Rings - 2 Bulkathos or 2 Ravens Frosts Or Mix And Match OR Two Sojs If You Follow Energy Shield Route

Thats All For Today I GtG

2. Fable13

Fable13 IncGamers Member

Shield- Really only one choice here Storm Shield-shael'd the faster block rate is really helpful

Weapon-Passion Phase is cheap, effective and fast but not as fast as you could be

Beast-The ideal weapon it allows you to shapeshift giving you more life,speed, defense, and damage

note-youd want to switch to something else when you shapeshift so you can do more dmg and have a little more speed. Maybe say hand of justice?

Dueling Tactics

Amazon (Jab) I havnt really dueled to many of these but the ones I did usually died in one hit. Make sure you have maxed block and a descent defense.

Barbarian (WW) These guys are usaully tough if there packing BOTD. The only way ive seen them beat is by a shapeshifted enchantress and he didnt go down easy but the enchantress still beat him so it is possible. Best tip is to avoid there ww for a little while peppering them with arrows then when you think youve weakend them enough go in for the kill. Most barbs dont have to much mana so if they ww to much when they duel you and you block or they dont hit they wont leach not that it would matter leach is severly nerfed in the patch. Note if your shapeshifted you cant fire arrows so just WALK away from them. FRW is essential here. You should never run in a melee duel. EVER!

Druid (Fury) Just smack em! and keep smacking till there dead if they try to run shoot an arrow or to at em.

Druid (Rabies) These guys are hard as hell =) best tip dont shapeshift and just tele around them in circles firing arrows til they are pin cusioned

Paly (All Types) Shapeshift and smack smack smack you should never ever be in human form when dueling palys. If they charge you, hope to god your energy shield holds up or they dont hit cause some of those charges can really kill

More Later...

3. Ghostsclaw

Ghostsclaw IncGamers Member

different calculation of pvp dmg in 1.10 : no longer 1/6 but 1/10, so 10k barb will do 1k instead of 1.6k
    maybe 1xx mana rings or stuff may be used in stead of soj (<--still hard2get)

btw
    as u can c if u take a look at my registration date or my post counter u can c that im nu @ this board, but is this forum agreeing with duping?

4. Fable13

Fable13 IncGamers Member

No, No One Agrees With Duping, Well Im Sure TheyDo But They Are To Afraid To Speak Up And Are You Sure Its 1/10?

5. Narzug

Narzug IncGamers Member

Im afraid it has not much chance winning against WW assassins (venom) or teleporting bonemancers to name a few

6. Fable13

Fable13 IncGamers Member

Bone Mancers = None Melee As For The WW Asn Just Tele Around Peppering Them With Arrows

7. Ghostsclaw

Ghostsclaw IncGamers Member

The good thing about the ww asn is that she's got enough skills left to max out df :thumbsup: one-kick-wonder i'd say..

8. Fable13

Fable13 IncGamers Member

If You Are Good Enough Teleing You Can Tele Around Off Screen And Since You Have GA They WILL Hit Her

9. swatdrj

swatdrj IncGamers Member

What kind of charms would you use? Fire gcs or fire dmg scs etc..? :scratch:

10. Fable13

Fable13 IncGamers Member

fire skill gcs

11. xAnjelofLytex

xAnjelofLytex IncGamers Member

I've been workin on a melee sorc and here it was I have been able to assemble so far:

Dol,Lem, Ort (for Passion phase maybe)
    Bstar maybe better for ele dmg?

5x Fire gcs
    Um Shako
    29 Maras
    Tgods
    2x Sojs
    35ed/6min SS (maybe replace with -15req jwl?)
    IK Gaunts

I know it isn't the best but I'm just looking for a interesting change so I think a melee sorc would be nice.

Which weapon would be best?

Passion phase blade = Nice +1to zeal, help attack out? Fast attack speed

Bstar = Same speed, but adds hella elemental dmg

Any CONSTRUCTIVE help would be nice here. O_O

THanks,

~Anjel

12. Fable13

Fable13 IncGamers Member

Bstar isnt the same speed if you use passion you will only use zeal as your attack and it makes for one cool sorc that can dish out some great dmg and as for your boots and belt use IK Boot and IK Belt. They Are Very Easy To Find

13. chrom76

chrom76 IncGamers Member

Well what would be better in this case:
    In pvp while fighting is it better to have 8 fire gcs or 7 fire gcs + 130ar w/life?

I just about all the equipment I need to start my enchantress (over) this w/end.
    Just missing 1 more fire gc (to have 10), a +3 fire skill ammy, and a SUR rune.

I did a pre build last w/end to lv 52 just to test the waters. Talk about fun and sick!!
    I started using a Demon Machine at lv50. This thing is the bomb (no pun). I was taking down cows in NM w/ 8 peeps no probs while lv 70’s were running.
    Everyone was stopping to watch like I was crazy.
    In another game a 46 Pally host’d me, killed him in 2 hits w/out my full enchant.
    He then put on his resist aura and charged me, still killed him took 5 or 6 shots.

IMO the Demon machine is a MUST have for an enchantress. It’s for the riot police, sick crowd control w/ piercing and exploding arrow. You can get them pretty easy as most other’s think they’re junk, not the case for an enchantress.

I didn’t make it to a high enough lv use all my equipment and I’m not going the traditional cookie-cutter way.
    Using :
    Shako (skills, life and mana, dr)
    High Lord’s (skill, ias)
    “HOJ†Phase Blade (1st) (-20 fire resist!, lv 16 fire aura)
    Demon Machine (2nd) (see above)
    “Stone†Wyrmhide (see bottom)
    “Sanctuary†Trolls nest shield (see bottom)
    Frostburn (mana)
    Soj, Ravenfrost (skill, mana, cbf, dex)
    Gloom (mana, mana regen, vitality)

Wartraveler’s (vitality, str) not too sure on these

The biggest divergences are the Stone and Sanctuary runewords. I feel they make up for what a lot of the other melee char have inherited or class equipment. The only thing missing and which brings me back to the original question:
    Attack Rating?

14. cheap_trik

cheap_trik IncGamers Member

Were Ravens Frost They Add Sick Ar And Go Fire Grandcharms All The Way As For PvP If You Cant Really Aim Use Widow Maker If You Can Demon Machine All The Way.

Lol This Is Fable13 Btw

15. Yukii

Yukii IncGamers Member

Why use sols in helm? Damage reduced by 7?

Wouldnt u wanna put something like Eth or Ith in for Regenrate Mana or Dmg taken goes to mana for energy shiled route?

16. Fable13

Fable13 IncGamers Member

So You Can Go The Real Energy Shield Route So You Take Almost No Dmg Re Read Some Posts About Es And Enchantress

17. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

The pvp-penalty is 17%. Btw there's no need to start every word with a big letter, it loses its function that way and makes it harder to read ;)