fa/strafe zon hell res question

squarewolf

Diabloii.Net Member
fa/strafe zon hell res question

to the other fa/strafe-ers out there: how are your res in hell? is really that important? most of my items are geared towards ias so i have little room to add res. what do you guys do? exclude fort cause i don't plan on trading for LO's any time soon.

if it helps the question, i plan on using might merc (bonehew, vamp gaze, shaftstop) and valk (17+) to tank.

thanks in advance.

squarewolf said:
to the other fa/strafe-ers out there: how are your res in hell? is really that important? most of my items are geared towards ias so i have little room to add res. what do you guys do? exclude fort cause i don't plan on trading for LO's any time soon.

if it helps the question, i plan on using might merc (bonehew, vamp gaze, shaftstop) and valk (17+) to tank.

thanks in advance.
the most popular mf area for strafer are the pits, where there are little to no elemental attackers so res arent much of an issue. my old windforce strafer had -60 in all and i had no problems.

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
My fa/strafer has lower res, too. She runs the pits a lot. But there are a lot of cold immunes in the pits, so it takes a little longer than it could.

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
With a strong Valkyrie & mercenary to do the tanking resists shouldn't be too important. Of course you need enought to not be 1-hit killed in Hell...

A relatively cheap option is a Lionheart armor (Hel Lum Fal) which gives some good resists (+30%) and has some very nice mods on top of that. Smoke (Nef+Lum) gives +50% resists but not much else. Of course if you absolutely need IAS jewels socketed in your armor, there's Duriels/Vipermagi. Other than that you just have to be carefull and try to get some nice charms. Alternatively focus mostly on lightning since that's really the only element that should be troublesome for a ranged attacker (Gloams and lightning enchanted critters).