FA/Strafe Bow: Buriza or Lycander's

asdfq

Diabloii.Net Member
FA/Strafe Bow: Buriza or Lycander's

I'm going to make a FA/Strafe for leech zon and I'm not sure which bow to use. I can get both weapons, but don't have much else in terms of equipment. Since this is an almost untwinked char (apart from the bow), I was thinking of using Buriza to save skill points that would normally go into pierce for penetrate or valkyrie.

If I do this, do you think I could trade my Lycans away for some decent armor and other gear? How much is it worth, relative to decent items like Skin of the Vipermagi. Also, how much does a Nightwing's Veil go for, and do you think it would be worth trying to get one?

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
I don't think either are "end game" bows. Let's look at them sie by sie:
Lycanders:
(75-85) - (155-176) Damage
73 Str Required
110 Dex Required
Item Level: 50
Clvl Req: 42 +150-200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 25-50 Damage
20% Increased Attack Speed
+5-8% Mana Stolen Per Hit
+20 to Dexterity
+20 to Energy
+20% Enhanced Defense (?)
+2 To Amazon skills
+2 To Bow & Crossbow Skills Range: NA
Dmg Bonus: 100 Dex
Weapon Speed: -10

Buriza:
(82-99) - (137-165) Dmg
+2.5 * Clvl Max Damage
110 Str Required
80 Dex Required
Item Level: 49
Clvl Req: 41 +150-200% Enhanced Damage
+2.5 Max damage per Clvl
Adds 32-196 cold damage, 8 Seconds Cold Length
+100% Chance of Hit Piercing Target
80% Increased Attack Speed
Hit Freezes Target +3
+35 to Dexterity
+75-150 Defense Dmg Bonus: 100 Dex
Weapon Speed: 10

I think I would prefer Lycanders, I have used both for a tme in games. Lycanders is faster, and the strength requirement is lower, leaving you more for dex or life, if you need it. You will less IAS to reach the last frame with Lyc.

asdfq

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay, I'm almost level 43 now, about to start NM. I'm going to use the Buriza for a while since its damage is a lot greater so far and it saves me some mana. After my skill levels get high enough for some okay piercing with Lycan's I'll switch. Can you give me some approximate values in runes for the two bows (USEast SC L), just so I know what I have to work with for trades later on?