We are on a journey here guys.

P8
Hc
Untwinked
Coming to you live
twitch.tv/jip96
Re-runs on P3 for bosses, P1 for countess
Going for first HC Guardian in years
It'll be lots of fun, come hang out, heckle me!
Must do all quests
EZMode /P8 Java
Muling Allowed
Going for 99
Fun

dkn

Diabloii.Net Member
OP, I watched you livestream your Fury Wolf last night. I'll be completely honest: it was difficult to watch and don't think I would again.

There was no ingame audio, no music, and you offered just about zero commentary. So it was total silence minus your mouse and keyboard clicks with you occassionally complaining about the game. Just not for me.

Disposition

Diabloii.Net Member
@drmalawi

It was so slow and painful. -_- Not sure who would watch a wolf stab stab stab a hundred times.

@dkn

I'm sorry! I must have had my settings messed up, you should have said something in chat. Definitely had music playing and was only complaining because I had nobody to talk to and I don't know what else to do/say when I have nobody to chat with and bouce convo from. :) Apprecaite your feedback however!

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member
Not sure how new streamers/speedrunners/casuals do it to gain views. But always have a topic: Interesting facts, lore, D1, D2, D3, D4 news, related Blizz content (D1/D2 lore is actually very massive.) Some DRM-free music, quietly in the background. One YT video admits that he believes a decent amount of his views are from people who listen to him as background noise... And admittedly, I've fallen asleep multiple times with his videos playing, more for the ambience/sound, but I do like his videos. It's just that I might check his videos at a time where I am more prone to sleep, and his topics/videos/gameplay trigger something in me to sleep (Binding of Isaac and Geoguessr)

I searched your twitch to have something in the background (I've currently got 2 different videos going for background noise that I want to switch through if anything interesting sounds like its happening [both just said: "It's not looking good right now..."] and each time I swapped back, you were in Charsi. Looking through items, but not for anything particular (progression could've been made without shopping, and nothing being discussed.) Maybe I caught you at the end, but even then, if you feel like you need to end briefly to get something in particular, announce it and end briefly, or at least keep talking about something.

Even though he does use non-forum accepted mods, look at MrLlamaSC, who speed-runs D2. Even though he's run the game countless times, mostly streaming, the fact that he still streams D2 means someone is interested and someone else can. He's got useful trivia, map generation information, item specifics he's looking for. D2 is a slow game to watch, but the discussion, topics, background music/discussion can keep things moving forward.
Also, don't over-do the streams. Stream one and keep to it, or keep it in a single thread. If you post in numerous places, numerous threads, without a goal, it might seem like a detractor since there's no progression.
I'll check out your stream next time I can, but all is a work in progress. Maybe announce a goal or objective, random topics (current video goes on tangent [for positive and negative] about sweet food...) and have some extra things to talk about. Even if you're talking to yourself. XD Do it to share something interesting, on or off topic, instead of just the views, if that's your interest.

Last edited:

dkn

Diabloii.Net Member
Not sure how new streamers/speedrunners/casuals do it to gain views. But always have a topic: Interesting facts, lore, D1, D2, D3, D4 news, related Blizz content (D1/D2 lore is actually very massive.) Some DRM-free music, quietly in the background. One YT video admits that he believes a decent amount of his views are from people who listen to him as background noise... And admittedly, I've fallen asleep multiple times with his videos playing, more for the ambience/sound, but I do like his videos. It's just that I might check his videos at a time where I am more prone to sleep, and his topics/videos/gameplay trigger something in me to sleep (Binding of Isaac and Geoguessr)

I searched your twitch to have something in the background (I've currently got 2 different videos going for background noise that I want to switch through if anything interesting sounds like its happening [both just said: "It's not looking good right now..."] and each time I swapped back, you were in Charsi. Looking through items, but not for anything particular (progression could've been made without shopping, and nothing being discussed.) Maybe I caught you at the end, but even then, if you feel like you need to end briefly to get something in particular, announce it and end briefly, or at least keep talking about something.

Even though he does use non-forum accepted mods, look at MrLlamaSC, who speed-runs D2. Even though he's run the game countless times, mostly streaming, the fact that he still streams D2 means someone is interested and someone else can. He's got useful trivia, map generation information, item specifics he's looking for. D2 is a slow game to watch, but the discussion, topics, background music/discussion can keep things moving forward.
Also, don't over-do the streams. Stream one and keep to it, or keep it in a single thread. If you post in numerous places, numerous threads, without a goal, it might seem like a detractor since there's no progression.
I'll check out your stream next time I can, but all is a work in progress. Maybe announce a goal or objective, random topics (current video goes on tangent [for positive and negative] about sweet food...) and have some extra things to talk about. Even if you're talking to yourself. XD Do it to share something interesting, on or off topic, instead of just the views, if that's your interest.
This was great feedback. I didn't mean to be rude @Disposition - just giving my honest advice which you noted in your reply ;)

I watch a lot of Dbrunski videos. They're lighthearted and fun. I also like (though he quit making d2 content) tone4funas because he curses a lot and says really stupid/funny stuff.

If you post in this thread the next time you stream and I happen to catch the alert, I'll view again. Just talk a little more and be goofy/have fun ;)

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Suggestions of stuff you can talk about in stream:

- Your diablo history, when/why did you start playing
- Other similar games you have played and what you think of them
- Your thoughts on D2 remastered and D immortal and D4
- your fav builds in D2, have you made a build that was "unique" in some sense (i.e. non cookie cutter) that was succesful/fun?
- your least fav builds in d2
- fav areas / least favorite areas
- cool drops that you have gotten

etc

:)