Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Extreme Speed!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by TheNamelessOne, Jun 1, 2008.

1. TheNamelessOne

TheNamelessOne IncGamers Member

Extreme Speed!

I'm not entirely sure what the word 'Desynch' means but there is a thread on the newcomer forum on it so I'm going to follow that and find out :yes:, so I don't wish to condone it if it is illegal/bad which I get the feeling it might be but I read this:

"I don't play PvP, but AFAIK thats where desynch is a very real aspect of the game. Basicly what it means is that the player is not where he seems to be on other players minimap, or that he might be right next to you, but you wouldn't see him in your computer. I think it's caused by very fast movement or something like that(pala charging with vigor aura on etc).

on the thread and it got me to thinking what is the absolute fastest way of moving in D2?

(as far as I can see)
    Options include:
    - Teleport at max fcr (i.e. 7 frames) - Most be pretty quick, possibly in a different league to the others,
    - Charge with Vigour and increased r/w - well charge seems pretty rapid,
    - Burst of Speed in there somewhere...
    - Dragon flight has a huge casting delay, so it ain't that (1 second)
    - clutching at straws now could Increased Speed (the barb passive skill) be involved...?

Ideas/factual answers?

*Disclaimer: If desynching is what is suggested in the quote above then it might be better if you don't answer this thread because you will be telling people how to do it! And if it is a Pk method or similarly undesirable action used by disreputable persons then I discourage anyone from posting replies that answer the question.* Just covering myself :grin2:

2. Furyan

Furyan IncGamers Member

Re: Extreme Speed!

I can tell you that there is no teleporter on the planet that can keep up with my Frenzy Runnerbarb :azn: The combo of Enigma (45% frw), frw skillers and a fully charged up Frenzy skill are already insane, and add a vigor merc and your internet connection will have a hard time keeping up :fire:

3. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

I dunno much about desynching, but 2 notes:

1. Fastest teleport speed is 6 frames, at 200 FCR. 105 FCR is the 7 frame BP.

2. Charge is not affected by FRW, only Vigor.

4. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

I don't know where you got that from, but it's 7 frames at 200 FCR and 8 at 105.

5. TheNamelessOne

TheNamelessOne IncGamers Member

According to the diablo wiki it is 7, http://www.diabloii.net/wiki/Breakpoint_Tables, but berg may be refering to some higher, more absolute knowledge compendium, care to enlighten us berg?

But the leading suggestion at the moment seems to be:

The 'Frenzy RunnerBarb', using Frenzy, Vigour, presumebly increased speed (skill), and also increased r/w speed from Enigma and others...