Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Extra Smiter points

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by k/t, Oct 23, 2006.

1. k/t

k/t Banned

Extra Smiter points

My PvM Smiter is lvl 90, and he has 14 skill points left over. He uses a Grief PB, Herald, Guillaume, Highlord's, Credendum, Smoke (will upgrade to COH), Dracul's, Goblin Toe, Ravenfrost, Dwarf Star.

He has max Holy Shield, max Defiance, max Fanaticism and max Smite, plus 1 in Salvation. Since he takes too long to kill non-boss monsters, I was thinking of putting 1 point in Zeal and using the other 13 in Sacrifice for the damage bonus. He has enough +skill items for Zeal to reach 5 hits (+5 to Combat Skills at the moment, and will be +7 with COH), and Grief has ITD, so Zeal should work much better than Smite for non-bosses. Would this work? Would he be able to kill (relatively easily), let's say, Baal's minions, or Tristram monsters, with that Zeal?

2. Joz

Joz IncGamers Member

I agree with the 1zeal and 1 sac. and then I would say put the rest into the Resist Elements aruas for the +1max res/2 slvl syngergy bonus. (4 points into Resist Fire gives +2 Max Fire Resist (max of 95) same with cold and lightning.)
    otherwise, I would go for maybe one in Redemtion too.
    and as for "killing things question" yes. easy monster pk's.

better then zealers for pvm imo greif=wack killing of monsters fast.

maybe also try a point into vengance to deal with phys immunes.

3. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

Be aware that vengance does not work with the +damage part of grief

4. Demonic Angel Rules

Demonic Angel Rules IncGamers Member

It doesnt? Dang. Well Smeer what would u suggest zealots or smiters use on switch to kill PI's. Im think Bonehew.

5. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

P-p-p-passion. Check my Exemplar build, it's CLvl50 and idling in p DiabloII.Net (*New2TheGame16 if you want to play in act two nightmare).

6. Demonic Angel Rules

Demonic Angel Rules IncGamers Member

O I see so u want us to use this with the Berserk Oskill on it to kill immunes. I had the idea of useing Vengence (Which i have 0 pionts in at the moment) with bonehew to do lots of elemtal damage but thats a good idea too. The only probelm is the def to 0 thing. Does that reduce your chance to block too? I know this is probably a newb question but ive never seen anyone say yay or nay.

7. k/t

k/t Banned

No, so you'll benefit from having the shield.

I put 1 point in Zeal (and, obviously, 1 in Sacrifice), and I took down the monsters around the Frigid WP in one or two hits in a 1 player game. I'm not about to blow 12 skill points just so my resists become 77 instead of 75. I'm still considering getting Vigor, Meditation, Cleansing and Redemption or putting all the remaining 12 points in Sacrifice. I don't see myself ever needing the defensive auras. I carry mana potions and Life Tap means I never have to worry about poison or taking hits. The only problem is that I run slowly (Goblin Toe), but I'm willing to accept that. So I'll put the points in Sacrifice.

8. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Consider putting points into Vigor, Cleansing and Redemption. They are worth it !