Extra Skill Points >.<

IceWeazel

Diabloii.Net Member
Extra Skill Points >.<

So far i have level 20, fire bolt, ball, mast, and meteor, 1 in static teleport and teleken, and one in frozen armor. But i have a bunch of skill points left and im going to have about 17 more skill points at level 99, what should i start working on

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
i couldn't find your other post about realm downs during pindleruns. i think it has something to do with doing them too fast. i did only pindle runs with my zon, and i could do them in under 7 seconds. i got a realm down after like 5, even though i waited 5 secs between games. usually what i do is run shenk and eldritch with pindle, wait 5 secs after the game before making a new one (or even clicking on 'create'). usually i do over 40 in a row without a hitch. usually all three take around 30-45 seconds.

sasja

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't think you have points enough for ES, unless you seriously plan to go all the way to 99, which is truly a pain - and even then, your ES will still be a little weak, as you need maxed TK at least. Superhal's idea of only investing in TK and getting the ES on a staff makes a lot of sense. I don't think you have the points for a backup attack that will be effective in Hell either. FO is the cheapest back-up spell at around 30 points, so you can't afford it. It could still be a utility attack for you (slowing monsters). However, I assume you have HF on your merc, so it probably won't even be very useful.

Unless you're gonna level a lot and take Superhal's advice, I think the viable places to spend the points are either in getting a high level cold armor or getting a kick-ass range on your Static (or perhaps some in Warmth and/or Teleport, depending on your gear and what you're gonna do with her afterwards). Last option is Hydra, like Liliel says - you've maxed the synergies, so it will do ok damage. However, you've already got a timered firespell maxed (Meteor), so another one may not be that crucial, and Hydras aren't big damage dealers at the best of times. They can be great around corners and the like, though. Your call :)

Sh4dovv

Banned
since most sorcs these days get little or no points in energy, es isnt good for alot of sorcs

i think es is only rly effective if ur sorc is built to hav alot of mana, otherwise u get hit and suddenly u got zero mana and are helpless

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
i got my base nrg sorc to 1-1.2k mana with 2X 50 mana gc's and the usual mana boosting eq except arachnids.

[edit] other cheapo useful things:
1 pt glacial spike, costs 2 points in pre-reqs. useful for freezing monsters and keeping your merc alive.

enchant: ar boost helps a merc, also if you ever want to do some melee. adds roughly 4-5% additional chance to hit.

warmth: meh, why not.

cold armors: frozen armor works on hit, shiver armor works on attack. frozen freezes monsters, shiver chills them. either way, defense bonus is negligible at best, the main thing is more protection while tp'ing.

k/t

Banned
I don't think it's worth the 3% increases.

Either boost your Shiver Armor or your Static Field range, and get Glacial Spike to freeze monsters for your merc. 1 point in Enchant is good for him too.

Edit: My Meteorb maxed Fireball, Meteor, Fire Mastery, Frozen Orb, and put the remaining points in Cold Mastery. I wouldn't use a single-element char unless I was doing something very specific with them (runs of some sort) because they quickly get frustrating. You never notice the innumerable Immunes quite like when you're single-element.

Edit 2: 99??? That will mean COUNTLESS hours rotting away in Baal runs. COUNTLESS. I don't think it's very realistic to assume you'll get there. 92 is already pretty boring. You're gonna use a bot, aren't you?