Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

extra points in resists?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Fluffballer, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

extra points in resists?

I have a hammerdin who eventually will be a Baal runner with relatively standard gear. Obviously the hammerdin part takes 80 points, and a few utility skills so I have ~ 20 spare points.

Am I throwing away points if I stick the leftovers in resist ___ to passively raise my max resists? Or is holy shield the better value since most damage in the game is physical?

I would need 10 skill points just to get my LR up to 80 if I'm understanding this correctly, dumping ALL extra points in there would get me up to ~ 85, which sounds pretty good for when gloams are around. Or 10 in RF for dolls and whatever else.

I use a defiance merc, so with a higher level HS I can get some really good defense. With plus skills my HS is already at the point where only massive points will improve blocking, but the defense is a steady gain I think.

I'm a sucker for more +skills, so I'd hate to use the absorb rings.

2. kohlman

kohlman IncGamers Member

I personally would use the rest of the points in Holy Shield because blocking also takes less time to recover from than a true hit recovery I believe. I also like the addition to defense which means that it increases the chance of a monster to miss completely which is even better.

And if you go PvP like many hammerdins do, then the extra defense and block may come in very handy.

3. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

The increase will not help if you dont have the resists and they are pretty expensive to get at 1 pnt for 2 skills.

You could get GA armor which boosts your max resists by 15 and increases the effectiveness of your shield. I like the idea of sticking an UM or +15 resist all jewel in GA armor.

I generally use COH on my guys though. +2 skills, +65 resists and +ed to demons is tops.