Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Explosionmancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by TheMaverickPoet, Feb 17, 2004.

1. TheMaverickPoet

TheMaverickPoet IncGamers Member

Explosionmancer

I don't think it would be worth writing up a whole guide about, but I had an idea for an itneresting build. A necromancer that focuses everything on Corpse Explosion and various skills that assist with it. It would be a themed sort of build, because in reality it would end up being a Bonemancer with CE. But the catch is, you're only allowed to kill enemies with Bone Spirit and CE, and even then you can only use Bone Spirit to get the first corpse. With many +Poison/Bone skills, you can conceivably get CE to cover the entire screen. I'm at 28 with my Skelliemancer and that's nearly the whole screen in itself.

So the overall skill layout would be maxing CE as soon as possible, with only a single point in the pre-req teeth. As you are maxing CE you'd need to put points into the pre-reqs for Bone Spirit. While you are waiting for Bone Spirit to become available you can put your remaining points into curses, probably 1 in each. No points in the summoning tree allowed. Until you have Bone Spirit, you are allowed to use other bone skills and melee to kill monsters, but once Bone Spirit is available you must use it. All remaning points go into Bone Spirit synergies, although you AREN'T allowed to use it as your main skill.

Heh, I know it's rather silly and would be VERY difficult to play, especially in Normal and any multiplayer games, but if anyone's bored they may want to check it out.

2. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

NOOOOOO!!!!! not the return of the explodecro!

ducks hurled small flaming mammals

3. Angst

Angst IncGamers Member

Noooooooooo! No more explodocro posts! they must be put to rest or more bad things will come of it!

4. red_beard_neo

red_beard_neo IncGamers Member

Bah, they beat me to it. :p

It's been done before, it's more of a brute-force technique for a character that's usually all about finesse, but it works. You hit the nail on the head when you said it's not worth a whole guide -- except there is one (1.09) in the Strategy Compendium. That's where most of the complaints came from -- not the idea of the Explodcro itself, but the joke of a guide given precious space in the SC.

5. TheMaverickPoet

TheMaverickPoet IncGamers Member

Haha, ok, sorry, I didn't realize, Im new to necromancers. I'll delete the thread in a little while.

6. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

*/me hurls flaming Mammals*

Explodecro sucks big time.

7. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

You might consider a bow or crossbow as a method to get the first corpse.

The so-called "blowmancer".

8. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

The Blowmancer (I really hate that term) used Crushing Blow, Exploding Arrows and his own Bone Walls to CB everything on screen.