Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Experienced barb builders LOOK!

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by we3dling, Mar 15, 2004.

1. we3dling

we3dling IncGamers Member

Experienced barb builders LOOK!

Hey yall

Im making myself a spear barb... =)

Right now im wearing..at lvl 70

Arreat's
    Highlord's
    Levi 42/23 with 39% jewl
    Thundergod's
    2 rare rings with dual leech and some resi/str
    laying of hands
    Sandstorm trek
    Spire of honour:/

What I plan to wear...at lvl 90

Arreat's
    Highlord's---> or maybe another amu?...I dont need increased attack speed..
    Armor--> upgraded um shaft or my Levi mentioned above?
    Verdungo... I think... What belt would u recommend?
    Rings? I like the dual leech, but some might say raven? or bul?
    Steelrend
    Boots----> Water walk? Gore rider? IK boots? sandstorm trek?
    botd war pike or some cruel spear...
    Anni + AR/life charms

I can cover resistance with all resist sc's... I just need max damage and life=)

I have very good resist....
    my concern is stat point distribution...

I have upgraded Hone Sundan 3 shaels with dex req 169...
    So my question is ... how much dex do i need? what is dex req on war pike?
    Right now i have 107 dex...

Lastly, ppl say WW has relies on weapon ias... So I thought 3 shaeled Hone would be good, but.. Am I wrong? If so, AR matters a great deal more...

Im really confused :cheesy:

So help me out, O mighty barb council^^

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Yes, ww has fixed breakpoints that, when hit, give you an extra hit each whirl. Hone Sundan with 3 shaels is nice because it gets you all the way to the last break for 2h weapons (-60).

Likewise, a BotD ghost spear would be a better ww weapon than a war pike, since it hits the last break, while the pike doesn't. Just something to think about (if you really wanted to ponder it, a Great Poleaxe from the Polearm class would be even better, heh heh).

AR shouldn't really be a worry, since you can use charms/angelic rings and ammy/daemon limb to get a ton of ar, even with low dex. For example: www.unc.edu/~jpuvis/ww.JPG

As for gear, the anglic ammy and one or two of the rings is often used on whirlers for the AR boost it gives (up to 1188 base on each ring, which usually means 13k+ar total), though Highlord's and Raven/BK are really nice. Dual Leech arn't that important, since leech isn't as strong as it used to be, and you'll get plenty between your helm/weapon etc. Shaft is ok for the pdr, though Levi would be better, or maybe Enigma for the huge str bonus. Gore Riders are really great boots, or War Travs, and other than that, you look fine. Just get enough str/dex for your gear, and pump the rest into vit.

Good Luck,

-Hal

3. we3dling

we3dling IncGamers Member

Thx for your reply Hal, U out 105 answered my questions.. ^^

So ww has breakpoints.... But AR still matters? I mean if you use 60 ias speed, then you have the possibility of of hitting 5 times (example), but your AR calculates wether u hit or not?

Dont know u understand what im saying... hard to explain^^
    But... if ww hits 5 times each time, then there's no reason for AR... this is not a pvp barb. Angelic set is nice AR but... What about skills? mara + 2 bul is not any good?

Im just trying to figure out AR...and ww

Thx for your help sofar...

BYe:p

4. DhR_PvP

DhR_PvP IncGamers Member

I think i know what you mean. With the breaking point you have the potential to hit 5 times but the AR determines if u do hit or not. So yea ar is important. For pvp i wouldnt angelic but i would hit up demon limb. As for ammy and rings i would highlords, bk and raven.

5. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Did you mean pvm? Cause pvp, angelic is usually pretty standard, what with all the defiance and conc opponents and such.

But yeah, like DhR said, you still need ar, or those hits won't do anything anyways. Whirlwind costs so much mana that you need to hit several times to sap your energy back, so you need ar to make sure you do.

Likewise, +skill items arn't as powerful for barbs as they are for other classes, so there are much better options tha mara's and twin BK rings; one BK ring is great, but like DhR mentioned, raven is usually better than having two, and Highlord's and such is definately more useful than Mara's.

-Hal