Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Experience gained - is it the same...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by BLOK45, Sep 29, 2006.

1. BLOK45

BLOK45 IncGamers Member

Experience gained - is it the same...

If you enter a public game (i.e. Baal run) with 8 players, and you don't go with them, but instead do travi or pit, do they get same amount of exp regardless of whether you join their party or no?
    One guy on bnet said that it's ok for me to do pit/travi runs in their games as long as I accept and enter their party. He thinks the group gets more exp if I accept party invitation then when I don't accept.

2. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

There's no difference whatsoever.

Partied or unpartied players only affect drops, not experience

3. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

More players = more exp from monsters, and less chance of getting a nodrop. Partying just gives exp to all party members within two screens whenever something dies.

4. nubikoen

And lowers even further the nodrop chance.

5. BLOK45

BLOK45 IncGamers Member

So since I'm nowhere near them, it doesn't matter whether I'm in the party or not.

What about my drops? Will they be the same in both cases?

Thanx guys! :)

6. nubikoen

Iirc yes, your drops will be the same. I'm almost positive that not only do you have to be partied to have the lower nodrop chance, you also have to be in the same area.

So if you're in alone in travincal or the pit when the rest is running baal, it won't have any influence on your drops whether you're partied or not.

7. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

There's some incorrect information in this thread.

Monster hps and damage (nightmare and hell) is based on total number of players in the game at spawn.

No-drop chance is based on total players in the game and # of nearby partied players at time of spawn. Nearby partied players count as 1 full player. Players either not nearby or not partied, count as 1/2 a player. The player count gets rounded down, so 3.5 players is the same as 3 players. If you are fighting in a different location from the rest of the players, your party status does not affect anyones drops.

Experience is calculated in two pieces. First, base monster experience is determined at spawn time. Each extra player in the game is worth 50% more exp on the monster. At kill time for each monster, this base monster experience, is then multiplied by roughly 1 + .35*(#of nearby players partied with the killer). That gets you total amount of experience to by divvied up. It is then split among party members of the killer based on their character level (4 players both the same level = 25/25/25/25 split. 2 players levels 75 and 50 would be a 60/40 split). Once it gets to the party member, the clvl/mlvl penalty, high clvl penalty, and exp bonus properties are all applied multiplicatively. If you are fighting in a different location than other players, your party status does not affect anyones experience.

BLOK45: Both your drops and experience and their drops and experience are the same whether you are in the party or not. Your being in the game does increase their experience, and may increase their drops (if it pushes the player count up to the next full number).