Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Expansion thoughts

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Thyiad, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Grisu

Grisu IncGamers Member

Holy moly! I just played for 5 mins and found 4 equipment upgrades for my Monk! The first item that dropped was a fist weapon that instantly replaced my old weapon, with which I was fighting through Inferno Act II some months ago. And yes, that were the kind of weapons you had to use if you weren't using the AH :p

Okay, before I found that weapon I was trying Expert - and could barely damage the monsters. So I dropped to Normal, and even on normal I found those 4 rare upgrades and a legendary crafting plan? How insane is that? People complaining about 2.0 have never been playing without the AH, I guess...I think I have to restart from level 1 to be really able to comprehend all the changes and to have gear that can at least manage to carry me through "Hard"...

2. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

I used a AH a bit and was able to farm MP6 efficiently and survive on MP10 before the new patch.

Even given that, I've found a number of upgrades and side-grades. Anyone playing for much time and finding no upgrades at all must have best-in-slot items for every slot, or be unwilling to regear with several pieces that, while each one may not bring much benefit, used together significantly raise DPS or EHP.

3. Grisu

Grisu IncGamers Member

I think you're right about that, SnickerSnack. What do you think about the differences in difficulty from MP10 Inferno to Torment X now?

All in all I find 2.0 much much easier than Inferno, even on MP0. There is no risk of dying for my lv 60 Monk right now - Belial was significantly nerfed and I could stand in his bombardment on Master without seeing my life bulb drop below 95%...

We will see how things will be with RoS.

4. Kyrandia

Kyrandia IncGamers Member

Thanks to ~200 vitality rolls on most items, as well as the damage done by monsters being less "spiky" (e.g. desecration change), the game definitely feels easier. Or at least safer.

Then again I am not sure if you can directly translate the ten difficulty levels we have now to Inferno MP0-MP9. Also, I haven't tried anything higher than Torment-2 yet, so maybe it ramps up steeper beyond that.

(I've never used the AH btw)

5. Dreamcrusha

Dreamcrusha IncGamers Member

i wish there were more legendary drops but that's probably because i'm too lazy for the grind. Loot 2.0 is great like my friends and i have an incentive to play diablo 3 now and i actually can't wait for adventure mode especially with the huge packs of monsters and loot.