Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

EXP Gain: Baal & Cows

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by tallon, Jun 11, 2005.

1. tallon

tallon IncGamers Member

EXP Gain: Baal & Cows

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this, but here goes.

Giving that a group could kill hell cows or hell baal just as fast, which is better in EXP?

Secondly, if hell cows are best, what would be the best group composition to use and how many players?

thx.

-tallon

2. Poke

Poke IncGamers Member

I personally think the Baal run is better. Cows can be a hassle and too much of a time consumption for not so much EXP. But I do think it is hilarious to hear the cows say "moo..." as if it were actually said by a 38 year old guy name Frank or Steve. Wonderful cow voice acting though :D

3. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

I've never seen the stats but I know bliz talked about nerfing cow exp in v1.10. Baal runs seem to be the big place for exp. And pretty fast too if you have a teleporter in your party.

4. tallon

tallon IncGamers Member

Right, I know that baal runs are fast.. .especially if you have 3 pallies and 3 sorcs like the last group i was with. They went down as soon as they appeared.

But if you can get a group who can kill *that* fast, would cows be better? I thought they only nerfed the cows by making them harder.. not give less exp. Am I wrong in this? Or is it not even worth considering?

-tallon

5. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

I thought they made them harder AND nerfed the experience.

Anyone?

6. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

yeah hell cows seem to give me like no experience. o.0 baals definately get my vote.

8 javazons would be the best team vs hell cows. ;)

7. songmage

songmage IncGamers Member

they are much harder and they give much less experience.

baal himself gives more exp per run than all his minions when your level 97+

8. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

cows don't give a lot of xp for hell chars. a good combination for cows is one or two sorcs and some mele chars like a barb who can take some dmg. nova sorcs can kill cows pretty fast, that goes for blizz sorcs and hammer pallys too. of course there are other good chars for cows too. i am not sure if the cows are harder to kill now though

9. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Hell Hell Bovine are MLvl81 while monsters in the Keep, Throne & Chamber are MLvl85. Those four levels might not appear like much, but when considering the experience penalty that means hitting the floor occurs four levels earlier. Combine that with cows having a fraction of the experience as in .09 and they're not worth anything except a pre-Baal running and item-dropping treadmill, and even then they can't drop the highest gear available. They're good for runes, gems, jewels and the socketables they go into, that's about it.

Considering how much I cowed with one character to get to CLvl99, and the rest for additional experience, the Mooing wears out it's novelty after a few hundred perfect gems.

10. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Cows are mlvl 81 with champions mlvl 83 and bosses mlvl 85, so u would stop getting any decent exp from normal cows at lvl 87, u would still get some from champs and bosses until lvl 91 but it would be very little and wouldnt justify the time spent killing them. Imo if ur looking for a break from baal runs, look into diablo runs, the seal bosses give the same exp as baals minions and diablo himself gives decent exp all the way till 99. Also random bosses in the chaos sanctuary give good exp until lvl 96.

11. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

and chaos sanc is more challenging imo, more fun. :)

12. tallon

tallon IncGamers Member

oh wow. I didn't know the exp was nerfed too...

Ok then, what would you consider to be the *best* baal running team? (thinking of private games with the same group).

-tallon

13. CoopMoe

CoopMoe IncGamers Member

since the nerfing i say baal DEFINITELY takes the cake. i've done some runs of each and baal defintely makes for a better quicker experience. mainly because it's ALL RIGHT THERE. it's the total McDonaldization of experience running. You get the efficiency of having all the minions in exactly the same place, you get the calculability of about how much exp you are going to get and what you need to do, predictability, the runs are always the same and much less varried than hell cows was, because of those things you also get increased control over it all. i mean, the predictability definitely allows for you to plan what to do and so theres no suprises because you're in total control of the situation. Oh, and the replacement of human by non-human technology bit of Ritzers theory doesn't seem to fit...

14. Damotta

Damotta IncGamers Member

Baal runs give more exp, hands down.

Still, I tend to do cows more often just because of the unpredictability of it, and because I miss the old 1.09 days of slaughtering them left and right.

15. Angelclaw

Angelclaw IncGamers Member

Baal gives more exp, but the cows are 200 times more fun. Me and some mates gather sometimes to play cows only, and suprisingly many join us and fight them. It's great fun!

16. bobmarley

bobmarley IncGamers Member

Cows don't give good experience at all. On the other hand Baal runs are faster and way more exp. And besides theres so many Baal Bot Games that kill Baal so fast and easily like in 3 minutes.

17. flomarilius

flomarilius IncGamers Member

Neither is my answer go find chaos runs with pallys and leech them lol ul lgain a level once every 3-4 runs depending how high you are. If for sumreason you get a Grush (and i mean GRUSH) u can lvl up to 10 times a run there

18. farting bob

farting bob Banned

In 1.10 hell cows give 36607 exp. Presuming you run them with a full game that gives you 164731.5 EXP per cow.
    Considering how many cows there are, it seems like good EXP, but they are only lvl 81, so beyond clvl 91 you only get 5% of the standard EXP (8236 exp on full game) which brings it to well below how much you'd be getting for killing baal's minions and of course baal himself. So for high levels its not worth it. But fun and good for gems and runes.