Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Exp and MP Q

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Lobos, May 26, 2008.

1. Lobos

Lobos IncGamers Member

Exp and MP Q

Ok, so I scoured the forums, searched individual guides, asked people (Bob doesn't know... ) and finally, came here.

I just started playing a necro (Fishymancer) today, and after hitting 10 I started joining some Trist runs. After about the third run or so, someone starts telling me to get rid of my horde, since it nerfs exp gain. :shocked:

So, since I buried the point, I'll reiterate: Do skellies and golems nerf your exp gain? If so, by how much?

2. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

Re: Exp and MP Q

There is absolutely nothing in the game that steals exp or nerfs it for the whole party. The only thing that reduces the exp anyone gets is if there's a huge level difference between the player and the monster, and that affects ONLY that player.

Rumors about Meteor, summons, etc. stealing exp probably come from people wanting to avoid lag from those skills, and they spread quickly because the general Bnet population has the IQ of a frying pan (no offense, frying pan).

3. Lobos

Lobos IncGamers Member

Ok thats what I figured it was. Thanks for the response!!:smiley: As for the whole frying pan thing, don't feel bad, as I'm sure the comparision is made so often the frying pan community has quit taking it personally.

4. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

I thought that if your merc kills a monster you get less exp than if you would kill it?

5. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

Nope. The only thing that decreases exp is level differences (and again, only for the character with the big difference).