Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

exotic + sexy = my new baba

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by OU Fiji, Jun 20, 2005.

1. OU Fiji

OU Fiji IncGamers Member

exotic + sexy = my new baba

Bored with the usual cookie-cutter builds, (I'm even sick of seeing/hearing the phrase "cookie-cutter") I began searching the forums for fun new builds to try. I came across a thread that caught my attention; Generator of Chaos mentioned an unusual build revolving around the use of open wounds, massive poison damage, and the Howl skill. The way it would work would be to whirlwind through the monsters, giving them open wounds and poison damage, then howl so they run off and die. Something I'd never seen or thought of before, I decided to take this idea and actually try it. As of right now, my barb is at level 16 and has a level 16 howl skill. He is using a Malice Runeword flail and is waiting until level 18 where he will be able to use his other weapon; a military pick socketed with 6 perfect emeralds. I chose these weapons because they both have a fast attack speed and the lowest requirements for a 3 and 6 socketed weapon. I plan to continue updating on how he is doing, but until then, what do you guys think? Any suggestions? PS, I know this is not likely going to be a hell-viable build, but this is for fun-factor and to see how far he can go.

2. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Wow that sounds like a fun build! Problem is if you concentrate on OW/Poison and use a mana intensive attack like WW you prolly won't do much physical dmg per see and mana bulb's gonna drain fast :( I understand how WW barbs can get boring in PvM at times and i went with a bash/stun warcry barb hehe. He is hell viable with stun from warcry/stun (warcry synergises stun for more length) and stun synergises bash for more dmg and my AR bonus for max bash gives me a decent AR for boss killing. Load up on lots of cb/ds Sorcs joke that i act like a barb merc and shockbears make fun party members :D

p.s Hmm howl synergises beserk so maybe a zerk-poisoner?

3. MonsterSlayer

MonsterSlayer Guest

you won't get any items or probably miss a lot of them in that way ;)

Do you use a 2 handed sword with your bash/stun barb? :D

4. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

When planning my bash/stun-wc i checked fpa rates for 2-h barb with the german weapon speed calculator cos the barb merc lookalike seemed cool but 1-h fpa are faster so i went 1-h/shield for dr/block hehe.

5. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

You may want to go 6 Tal's over 6 Pemeralds or possibly a mix of both allow me to explain.

6 Tal's 75/5 = 15; 15*6 = 90; 90*5 = 450 (its actually 451 because of bit damage)

6 Pemeralds 100/7 = 14.3; 14.3*6 = 85.8; 85.8*7 = 601 (now here its higher overall damage but that is not your ultimate goal.)

Your overall goal is damage total in as short a time as you can get it, why do you want to deal 10K damage over 10 seconds when you can deal 8k damage over 5 seconds? The second hit is not going to effect you as much as waiting for the first hit to run its course.

Also your charms add to you duration and the higher rate on your weapon will become larger with the increase in duration based on those toxic small charms of pestilence or which ever charms you choose to use. Rate of poison then duration, higher rate with higher duration = more total damage.

6. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Sounds better on a carrion wolf. Makes me wonder if monster flee would work on monsters that are effected second or third.

7. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Can a Barb duel wield Death's Webs? Crappy range, but that's a LOT of -poison resistance.

8. newerest

newerest IncGamers Member

Yes a barb can... :)

That will be something to try out. Since the -res will kick in after you poison them and then switch weapons. (I think that is..)

9. xberto

xberto IncGamers Member

10. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

but the new weapon better not poison (even with charms) as it will override the poison damage with a lower poison damage.

IMHO its not worth worrying about the -poison resist if you are thinking of switching to a different weapon anyways.