Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Exile Zealot

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Rane-, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Rane-

Rane- IncGamers Member

Exile Zealot

We had a brief discussion around here a bit back about how to properly build an Exile Zealot. I've been playing around with it on SP and I think this would be the best build;

20 Zeal
    20 Sacrifice
    20 Fanat
    20 Holy Shield
    20 Blessed Aim OR Defiance

CoA (Ber, Ber)
    Angelic Amy
    Greif Phase
    Eth Glad Bane (Zod)
    Exile Vortex (ED/AR)
    Angelic Ring
    Verds
    Angelic Ring
    Dracs
    Gores

With Blessed Aim your will have around 18k AR and 29k Def.
    With Defiance you will have around 15k AR and 41k Def. (I'm thinking this one)

Life is strangely low at 1496 which is 2351 after BO. I guess this can be attributed to no charms accounted for besides Anni. With 39x 20Life SC's you would get a boost of 780hp, which would bring you up to a nice healty 3.5k+ after BO. In truth the rest of your inventory should be filled with Max/AR/Life charms that are as close to 3/20/20's as you can get.

Damage isn't listed properly due to Grief but it's definatly good.

So that's 4fpa Zeal with good damage and 15k AR (That's with plain 20 life sc's, if you can attain good Max/Ar/Life charms then this will be significantly higher.) We also have 3.5k Life with 41k Def and 46% DR. You have good FHR and may want to use a couple of FHR charms to hit the 86% bp, but it's not very needed as you're a Zealot. Resists aren't good but again you're a Zealot, you could always have an Um'd Hoz on switch vs Casters.

All in all this is pretty close to your normal Zealot stats with the bonus of having 19.25% ctc auto-win.

I think this is probably the best way to build an Exile Zealot. Please discuss.

2. LoVePlAyBoY

LoVePlAyBoY IncGamers Member

i use this setup for awhile on ladder + smiting barbs is always fun

im big believer of 86fhr bp 30(helm) + 30(armour) + 10( belt) + 16(charms) this gear setup is used on alot of the pure vindi on ladder also

3. Rane-

Rane- IncGamers Member

Are you reffering to the setup I listed? Becuase I never see ANYONE use Glad Bane. Ever.

What realm are you on?

4. chokladmoset

chokladmoset IncGamers Member

Why not fortitude insted of gladiator?

5. LoVePlAyBoY

LoVePlAyBoY IncGamers Member

glad has 2xxx def and cannot be frozen + other useful modes

i'm on uswest ladder

6. Rane-

Rane- IncGamers Member

So you're also a westie? I can't believe that you've actually seen glad bane users. I never see Life Tap Zealots on West :confused:. Seems to me that this build > normal zealot.

7. ArcaneLegend

ArcaneLegend IncGamers Member

why not try exile in an eth sacred targe instead of vortex shield, for better blocking? ur defiance build has 41k defense, which is a bit excessive anyway, so a bit of defense loss shouldn't be a huge problem. u'll certainly get a little bit more life.

8. Rane-

Rane- IncGamers Member

I ran the numbers in another thread somewhere and we came to the conclusion that it's a ridiculously small amount of life difference, which is over-hyped. However, 41k def is a bit excessive. I think if I could stand to lose defence someway I'd do it by lowering the amount of points I have in Defiance and put them in Blessed Aim. More AR is always a good thing :thumbsup:.