Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Exile Questions

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by gibsonSG, Oct 5, 2006.

1. gibsonSG

gibsonSG IncGamers Member

Exile Questions

If you're looking for pure smite damage, I assume the "best" shield for making EXILE in is an ethereal vortex. However, I'm wondering what a good compromise "price wise" would be for getting an ethereal, +45 resist all, elite paladin shield for making EXILE in. I'm looking for well-roundedness in terms of blocking, defense, requirements, etc. I use a DREAM Kurast Shield as my main one, but I need an EXILE as a backup for hunting Ubers. I'm thinking "sacred rondache" for it's high blocking %, low strength requirement, and consistent smite damage. Now I'm not asking for specific prices (trade forums, I know - ya'll don't have to tell me), but how hard would this be to get versus an ethereal vortex/zakarum shield (I know those are the "high-end" ones for pure smiters)? I'm on USEast Ladder, but I'm assuming RELATIVE comparisons are at least SIMILAR on the different realms?

Thanks...

2. Elcold

Elcold IncGamers Member

Well Vortex has the highest max damage but also the lowest minimum. The main reason it is prefered is its very high defense. I think that getting a good sacred rondache wouldn't be that hard although you might have to buy the shield and then put the runes into it, as it is not often used to make exiles at least in my experience.

3. gibsonSG

gibsonSG IncGamers Member

...yeah, I figured that much at least. I think the sacred rondace is a good compromise though for my character. It'll fit how I have my stat points distrubted and still have fairly consistent smite damage - all average around 46 if I remember correctly. I just need to get a hold of one now...

4. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

Remember Str does boost up the damage, you won't be doing 45 dmg per hit :grin: . But I like Eth vortex's for some reason...hrmm... ionno, maybe just their looks, but ya. Just remember if you're looking to trade later on, go with Ev exile's, otherwise choose for your own sake :wink3:

5. theredpredator

theredpredator IncGamers Member

ETh Vortex or Eth zaka/sacred is like a Eth 200ed Zaka and a 200 ed Zaka.

The Non eth zaka would be great, but a eth zaka has the style.