Exile question

WOWiSUCK

Diabloii.Net Member
Exile question

Hey guys, first off i have to say that this is one heck of a forum :thumbsup: . Am i aloud to say that? Anyway, I would like to know why zakarum shield exile is never used as opposed to the everpopular Vortex exile. The Zakarum shield exile has 75% chance to block, the vortex exile has 45%. Do the math less dex for max block means more vitality which is good. I think the points saved in dex greatly overcomes the minor defense the vortex exile has over the zak exile. Please let me know if I'm wrong and if I am please hook me up to an explanation why the Vortex exile is better. Thanks u guys r badass.

rare

Diabloii.Net Member
Most use vortex shields because they only see its whopping max damage; they don't see its crappy min. Both zakarum and vortex have the same average damage, but vortex has a chance to do huge damage...but also a chance to do pitiful damage.

If you think youre lucky, try out a vortex and see how many times you'll smite with its maximum damage. But then notice how many times you hit the minimum >_<

So, vortex isn't really better, just has the potential to do big big damage.

WOWiSUCK

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok thanks man that clears up a bit, but what about for a pvp zealer? I still dont see the zak used much.

Diab

Diabloii.Net Member
Also keep in mind that a Vortex shield requires the most strength out of any other paladin-only shield.

Sszark

Diabloii.Net Member
What are you talking about? Zakarum Shield has a 52% base block, Vortex has 51%. Vortex requires only 6 more strength and has an average defense that is 22.5 points higher. In fact, the highest default defense on a Zakarum shield is 1 point lower than the average defense on a Vortex.

All of these elite shields have the same average smite damage, 46 points, except the Sacred Rondache which has 46.5 points.

WOWiSUCK

Diabloii.Net Member
Sszark said:
What are you talking about? Zakarum Shield has a 52% base block, Vortex has 51%. Vortex requires only 6 more strength and has an average defense that is 22.5 points higher. In fact, the highest default defense on a Zakarum shield is 1 point lower than the average defense on a Vortex.

All of these elite shields have the same average smite damage, 46 points, except the Sacred Rondache which has 46.5 points.
I swear i saw a 75. ty 4 the replies guys.

WOWiSUCK

Diabloii.Net Member
RetroStar said:
That's cause you had Holy Shield on.
........do you think im dumb (dont answer that). I saw a 75 max block exile zak on google images, probably not too reliable though.

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
WOWiSUCK said:
........do you think im dumb (dont answer that). I saw a 75 max block exile zak on google images, probably not too reliable though.
Err, maybe they had HS on too?