Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Exile Poll

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Littlewoodenboy, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Littlewoodenboy

Littlewoodenboy IncGamers Member

Exile Poll

All i know is the range between the vortex is a wide range and low min and the dex required for max block is ridiculous. lets see what other people think

2. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Vortex, because one reason people choose Exile is for the Auto-Defiance aura, and having it in the highest def shield is better in that way.

Also, dex for max block with it shouldn't be a real issue to a pally with Max holy shield (smiters and zealots mainly). Smite damage is usually always a tight damage range anyway, due to the way holy shield and +damage on weapons add to it.

3. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

Quoted from your other thread with the same topic.

At level 90, with level 20 Holy Shield (+35% Block), you will need 158 Dexterity with items to reach max block with a Sacred Targe - the best block rating shield.

At level 90, with level 20 Holy Shield (+35% Block), you will need 172 Dexterity with items to reach max block with a Vortex - the best defense shield.

All Elite paladin shields have the same average Smite damage.

14 dexterity difference... or what might be a few thousand defense difference in the end. Really though, it doesn't matter at all.

4. Sammuel

Sammuel IncGamers Member

Reading comprehension > Me. I'm the one that voted for sacred targe, the reason is I thought it said spirit :p Been hunting for a good resist shield for about a week now and the best I have is a 39 resist all kurast shield (that I need to socket), but my strength is too low for that. I guess I will just assign 3 levels of strength into him and be done with it. (Can't exactly trade for a good socketed sacred targe, my highest rune is a lem). I think my lurker self has started to see things, it's no fun even running with 0 magic find!

5. safetypro

safetypro IncGamers Member

Sacred Targe because the dex (to achieve max block) and str requirements are too cumbersome in some of the heavier shields like zak and vortex. The little extra defense from the heavier shield is negligible since I'm over 26,000 def already with max holy shield, a few points in defiance and good gear. The difference is the points I can dedicate to vitality by using the ST instead of a heavier shield.

6. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

I still say it doesn't matter, a few points of dex or str, a few hundred defense; that won't make or break your build.

I say use the first ethereal elite shield you can find that has 45 resists - that way you can tell people that you made that Exile. Hell, round up 6 Guls and an Ist from Hellforge rushes and cube your own runes; own one of what.. maybe half a dozen 100% legit Exiles on b.net!

7. hardnfast

hardnfast IncGamers Member

I voted for kurust shield as it's what my exile is made in and it's also the only eth elite paly shield I've found with 40+ resists.

I think exile is mainly a pvm shield so a few more points into dex / strength wont make to much differance.
    (having said that I'm using it on my pvp T/V atm as I don't have the strength for upped hoz)

8. niner

niner IncGamers Member

Id take any of them!

But prefer Sacred Rondache for the extra points not put into str/dex that can be put into vit base....

9. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Kurast. Best of both, in between blocking rates and str reqs of the Sacred Targe and Vortex. The smite damage is highly consistent as well plus i look unique.

Downside ?

It takes 6 slots instead of 4. :/

10. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

6 slots? Aren't Kurasts 8?

I picked Sacred Targe because I'm a vit whore, and the 86 str req is just sweet. Lets you use it on any pally, really. Investing just enough dex to use a phase ftw!

11. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

i voted zak due to them having the most avg smite dmg overall and they look cool :)

12. munchkins

munchkins IncGamers Member

for pvm smiter - zak or vortex, your choice whether you want consistant smite dmg or the possibility of verry high smite dmg - but for pvp upped hoz beats them both by miles

for all other classes - sacred rondache for the block and lower reqs

13. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

There all good for exile and if your lucky enough to find an etheral of any with nice resist then all the better.If you cube socket with four sockets even better:wink3:

For me I voted Targe simply because I like the look of it although with holy shield on there all the same:laugh:

14. xix sephra

xix sephra IncGamers Member

lemme say this... it doesnt matter what you make exile in if its elite pally or if you use a hoz.. smite is 2 hit kills on every single duel i have ever done.. (save druids which are 3 hit for obvious reasons)... that being said if your using exile... my vote is sacred targe/kurast/vortex in that order, the extra defence on the vortex will not raise you to the next armor level that matters.. if i remember correctly at lvl 90 every 10k armor is 1% reduction in hit ? or something like that .. vortex wont clear that.. take the life :/

15. LRSAIA

LRSAIA IncGamers Member

Also remember, since we are talking "high cost" items here....if you find that eth elite pally shield (w' no sockets) and socket it with the cube yourself there is a bug that ups defense higher than should normally be possible. Then when Exile's defiance/holy shield kick in you get even naughtier defense.... Yeah it uses runes but there are some benefits to consider.

Hope this helps...

16. mr hamster

mr hamster IncGamers Member

Which shield is the best for vortex? A resists shield or a %Dmg/AR shield, and get resists some other way?

17. Zanpaktou

Zanpaktou IncGamers Member

Well, I have an eth Vortex shield, socketed with cube and defence on that is 423, but the resistances are only 6. So my question is, should I make Exile on that or sould I look for elite pally shield with 40+ resistances?

18. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

My two cents

Ohms, Vexes, and Ists are almost as easy to get as Dols. Make it now if you need it, then trade it when you make another. If you don't need it, hold off spending the runes.

When using lower elites, you want blocking more than defense, which means you're usually not mixing it up with the enemy. You can still get max block with higher shields, but it requires more strength to wear it and more dexterity to reach it. The benefit is higher defense and less chance you'll get hit at all, but as for resistances or damage, it's clear Exile is an offensively-geared runeword. Go for damage if you can acheive max resists elsewhere, which splits the two (Spirit and Exile) right down the middle.

19. Zanpaktou

Zanpaktou IncGamers Member

I see what you mean. I'm currently using Sanctuary, which has 100 all res, but I think I can cover it with CoH (currently wearing Fortitude 30 all res), maybe metalgrid and some all res sc's.

btw, only difference is that in Europe hrs are more valuable than in US. =]

Anyways, thanks for helping me to make up my mind. .__.

20. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

I thought they fixed that bug? Anyhoo, I say Sacred Targe, cause it's the only one I have right now, and it's sweet! lol

*Requiem_Death