Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Exile or storm?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Zpliffman, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Zpliffman

Zpliffman IncGamers Member

Exile or storm?

Ok interesting topic can be battled twenty milion times but i just want your opinions.

The question is: Zealot. Now if you use an exile you will have to put in a lot of dex to achive max block But it also gives you defence and +2 offensive skills. Storm shield. best shield in 1.09 and most likely 1.08 You get strenght bonus damage reduce resistance and a very decent blocking rate so you will need less then you would with exile.

Now the question is. Is exile worth the extra dex? Or is storm worth the loss of skills and defence?

2. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

If you have a good DR already, I would prefer exile.

3. Zpliffman

Well see the thing is. That I use An Upped Shaft which is 30% dr, Verdungo 15% and A Coa which is 15% so I think i have plenty of dr. The only thing that bothers me is the insane amount of dex that Exile needs for max block I don't know if that can be fixed by wearing Ik set? 20 str, dex is pretty nice plus i would get 30 dex from my ebotd and 18 from anni. Please let me know your opinion.

Thanks

4. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

This is obviously for PvP?

(As a sidenote, wouldn't using Exile be considered bad manners considering the CtC Lifetap would in effect make you relatively invincible?)

If you've already achieved the maximum DR I would definately use Exile over the Stormshield (ensure its made in an ethereal elite shield with >40 inherant resists).

How much dex do you believe you require for both shields? I would think it's minimal for both.

5. jordy666

jordy666 IncGamers Member

if u already have max DR i would prefer alma nagra !!

-jordy :king:

6. Chia

Chia IncGamers Member

7. Zpliffman

Good idea!!! Wauw I totally missed that option! Thank you! Now is alma nagra expensive on europe???

8. jordy666

jordy666 IncGamers Member

no

-jordy :king:

9. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

The original poster was using a Zealot, not a smiter.

Personally when I duel I do not use Exile, nor Marrowwalks, nor Holy Freeze.

10. Zpliffman

I think i will go with an Alma Nagra the 75% ed and 75% ar +2 Skills 75% block is really really nice for a zealer that already has 50% dr. Thanks for your opinions guys.

11. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

so this is a new pvp zealot in europe huh? we could duel someday if your zealot is ready, whisper me *priit, if u want to duel...

btw wouldnt a phoenix be the best choise?

*priit

12. Shlongor

Shlongor IncGamers Member

I find it hysterical that he compares life tap to marrowwalk. Blizzard destroyed leech in pvp for a reason. It's a bug that smite can leech using life tap, just like it's a bug that you get extra invisible damage from wearing grief/redeemer. Smite was not meant to work in that fashion, as evidenced by no other damage adder working with it, the invisibility of the damage etc.

13. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Why would life tap working on smite be a bug? Im pretty sure that all curses work with smite. And as for the added dmg on grief, again why would this be considered a bug? And the nerf that leech got has nothing to do with either of those. It's not just nerfed in pvp; it is nerfed in hell and nm. If you were to duel in norm or even nm leech is still effective.

14. bsnagel2

bsnagel2 IncGamers Member

I have a question regarding exile. What is a good defense for an eth votex sheild. I recently came across a 298 def eth votex shield. Is this a lot for exile's base defense? lmk thanks.

15. Chia

Chia IncGamers Member

A bug is kind of like a glitch. It's not intended to occur, but sometimes things don't work perfectly. It's safe to say that the huge damage boost from marrows was a bug. That being a given, the fact that life tap works with smite isn't a bug. Life tap is unique in the same manner as holy freeze. While holy freezes ignores CBF, life tap grants 50%life leech to ALL attacks, even ones that normally don't benefit from life leech.

It's funny that you should mention the "invisible" damage. Every time I scroll over my grief, it tells me exactly how much damage it does. I don't have to calculate pvp penalty, damage reduction....nothing. Damage listed is damage taken, period. To get total damage, just divide your listed damage on the character screen by 12(assuming its physical damage and they have max dr) and add the damage listed on grief/reemder. That's pretty simple, isn't it? Very few items, only 3 that i can think of, have the special +damage mod. In contrast, min/max damage can be found all over the place from charms to equipment to jewels. The fact that Smite doesn't benefit from those mods is exactly why the +damage mod is so special. It benefits ALL attacks.

Last of all, I'm not here to bash marrows. I don't frown on necros that use marrows. I, myself would use it. I just wanted to clarify a couple of things. When it's all said and done, one thing is certain. It's a game and we're here to have fun....however you get there really doesn't matter.

16. Chia

Chia IncGamers Member

Defense should be 300+ to get a realistic chance at a 1100+defense roll. However, what're more important is the mod that spawned with the shield. If you're happy with the resists or ed on the shield, it wouldn't be a bad idea. I think without any extra enchanced defense, max base defense on eth vortex is 316. Keep in mind, it can also have up to 15% enchaned defense which would obviously make it much higher.