Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

exercise

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Technetium, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Technetium

Technetium IncGamers Member

exercise

What do you do for exercise?

When I'm stuck at home, I usually do the following exercises:

-Meditate for 15 minutes (okay, not an exercise, but I always start with it)

-I do this thing where I get into a sitting position standing up, with my legs bent, and do focused breathing to concentrate on something other than the pain in my legs caused by putting all my weight on my leg muscles instead of the bones.

-I lay on my back and raise my legs a few inches above the floor, and just hold it for as long as I can. This one is killer on my stomach muscles. I can't hold it very long at all, so I usually do this 3 or 4 times.

-Pushups

-I do another arm-strengthening thing I learned in Judo years ago, where you basically flex both the bicep and tricep at the same time, thus each muscle acts as the resistance for the other.

I usually don't do any cardio because I'm underweight as it is. However, I guess the mountain-climbing I do (when I can) counts as cardio.

2. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Complete workout with weights every other day targetting different muscle groups.

3. th5418

th5418 Banned

I wanna do some jogging, but ..... im lazy . Maybe i should go right now instead of wasting my time. O.O

4. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Well before I ran into moutains of homework, it was weight lifting followed by jogging. Now, it's whatever I can get. Most of it includes walking (3-4 miles a day) with my backpack (15 lbs or so) on my back. :(

When I get time, I still hit the gym though. And I usually do situps and pushups a couple of times a week in my room.

5. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Since I don't have a home gym anymore, or subscribed to a gym right now, I basically do this:

Pushups (incline and regular)
    Curls with bar
    Curls with dumbells
    Crunches

-------------------------------

And for lower body, just squats and stretching :(

6. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Okay, since everyone is getting all specific, I'll go along.

Day 1: Curls, crunches, tricep extensions, bench press, overhead triceps press. Gobble protein.

Day 3: Squats. About four different kinds of them. Crunches, situps, crossovers, anything that hurts the abs. Inhale protein.

Day 5: Bench press, lats extension, lats pulls, chinups, crunches, flys, misc. Inject protein directly into my brain.

Day 7: Crunches, situps, squats, pushups, crossovers. Bathe in protein.

Repeat for infinity.

7. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

I wish I could still do dumbbell fly's. Those > Benchpresses for sculpting. Damn it, Anakha. I didn't miss my home gym until right now. *throws his Arby's across the room*

8. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

I run a mile everyday, not much buts its fine for now. I wanna start going to a gym I just gotta get a job first.

9. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Gyms are icky. Save up cash and buy yourself a home gym for about 3,000 bucks. Plus you can wear your pink tighties when you work out at home without being laughed at!

And who says you need gyms or even weights to build some muscle mass. Drop down and give me 15 slow pushups! And then 30 slow crunches. Slow is the only way to go!

10. th5418

th5418 Banned

I should start running a mile everyday. But, my lazyness gets over me too much. -.-

11. fiend!

fiend! Banned

I have soccer practice/game every day during the week and we do a lot of pushups and situps and invisible-chair workouts. When I get home I usually don't have energy for any other workouts.

12. Akira

Akira Member

i do jiu jitsu for about 4 hours total a week, and fencing 4 hours a week a well, on different days though, no way could i do that all in one day.

13. Shaigon

Shaigon IncGamers Member

I jog.
    I go to the gym 5 days a weekly to lift weights, working on upper body, my legs are fine.

If I'm home and I'm bored...I'll do vertical push-ups, sit ups...whatever works.

14. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

I REALLY want a blow flex but I think they are way too expensive for me

15. EEJ

EEJ IncGamers Member

Skipping when family guy is on or simpsons whatever... I just move the tables in my living room (hardwood floors)

Pushups/ Crunches/ Situps

The thign where you go into a pushup position but stay on your elbows and it works your abs I thinks it's a bridge or somthing and lifting my feet above the ground about ------------- that high to work the abs.

A bunch of stuff with weights I just pick somthing from the chart for whatever I want to work out haha. I got a 150 pound punhing bag last month so I started doing that for awile each day too(knuckles are getting nice and hard:))

16. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Bow Flexes aren't bad and I think you can get them for relatively cheap on monthly payments, bro. Problem with this is, however, that I have no first hand experience with Bow Flex. I tend to like free weights as opposed to machines, you can sculpt your body a lot better that way, from what I've seen. And if the Bow Flex is a machine like the ones in the gym, then I'd say screw that.

Free weights, a weight bench (for dumbell flys and sometimes bench presses), a mirror, pictures of your girlfriend or some hot chicks, and you're set. Oh yeah, and once you start lifting, make sure you stick with it for a few months. People who quit after a couple weeks don't tend to come back (I tried once for two weeks, saw incredible gains but stopped for about 3 years).

---

EEJ, wtf you skip around your living room, bro?

17. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

hmm I think I might save up and buy some free weights, it will probably be cheaper than buying a home gym. Good times

18. EEJ

EEJ IncGamers Member

Yea with a rope haha.

19. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

:scratch:

h

20. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

I hope to God you mean jump rope. I cannot... will not... imagine a grown man skipping around his room with a rope in his hand. Wow. :xeek: