Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Excessive B.net tagging/timing out

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by asdfghjkl, Feb 1, 2004.

1. asdfghjkl

asdfghjkl IncGamers Member

Excessive B.net tagging/timing out

Has anyone else been tagged/dropped excessively recently? Every other game I make or join, I get tagged afterwards. If I wait 10 seconds or so, bnet doesn't seem to tag me. I hear it's something Blizzard is doing about bots. Anyone have any info about all this?

2. vamp_sx

vamp_sx IncGamers Member

Yes most people have experienced the new 1.10 anti-bot "security." Basically if you change chars / join games / log on accounts too fast bnet will lock out your IP. the only way to get back in to any account after being locked out is to change your ip. people with dynamic dsl can just disconnect and re-log on and their ip will change. i'm not sure about dialup or cable modem people though.

3. Malachi

Malachi Banned

I reported this numerous times to BLizzard Support. They of course deny the anti bot measures (I have an ignorent email from one of their support employee's clearly stating there are not such measures) and they deny other users have 'connection interrupted' and 'failed to join game' problems.

Some guy at blizzard support says if many people would experience these issues, their support email box would be full. I just hope for them these are not the same people that will provide WoW support.

4. BuddySativa

BuddySativa IncGamers Member

I think a lot of people ARE suffering from these problems.

The reason why blizz's email box isn't chock-full of emails about it is maybe because the players know that blizz will deny everything so they don't send one.

Conspiracy theory no. 17 ...

5. retrovamp

retrovamp IncGamers Member

Yea, so now i just sit in games for like 20-30 seconds before changing characters again. annoying, yes. but if it really does prevent some bots, i guess its ok... I imagine something like a pindlebot might take more than 20 seconds to do a run, so with that...security fails.

and besides, blizzard sorcs and some other chars can do pindleruns in like way less than 30 seconds. so anyways...better security please!

6. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

It's probably to stop dclone finders, who only take a few seconds to work out that they're on the wrong server.

7. bleuless

bleuless IncGamers Member

the server is unstable, sometimes games dissapear or says already exist but you can't join because it doesn't exist! i've lost numerous items trying to mule. seems like you can't do it too fast, also idle too long either. best is talk to an NPC first before you leave. and also i ahve cable, it sucks getting locked out when trying to mule.

8. MDBitter

MDBitter IncGamers Member

I have had the same problem... my friend and I were xfering and he got kicked off... (I was just chillin in the tv room waitin for him). We waited for like 15 min before he finally got back on and called me and asked if I had picked up items off the ground, which I hadn't. While we waited for him to get back on over HALF of his items simply dissapeared! They were not there anymore... the game was password protected and no one came in during the time! I am soooo confused on this! We mule... kicked off for nothing.... get on.... items on ground GONE!
    ~MDBitter
    P.S. if u have XP and need to change ip (which we will do for now on when we get kicked off) simple open command prompt and type "ipconfig /release" and wait... then type "ipconfig /renew" and new ip.... hope that helps for cable users!

9. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Tried it and does nothing.

10. bleuless

bleuless IncGamers Member

usually cable users have static ip address, and doing the above will not give you a new ip, but only renew its time stamp. which battle net will still see you with the same ip. this applies even if your computer is set for dhcp but sitting behind your home router(nat). if you are on dsl or have dynamic ip, then that's different story.

i think battle net took this stance as one of their many stance against the losing battle of hacks and dupes. sad, but, yes evil wins.

11. TheAntiHero

TheAntiHero Banned

i lost a whole lot of items to the same senario except i was muleing all my stuff off one account to another account bad move/wrong place/wrong time