Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Exceptional Cube Recipe w/ Runewords?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by pngbrianb, Oct 20, 2010.

1. pngbrianb

pngbrianb Diabloii.Net Member

Exceptional Cube Recipe w/ Runewords?

So, I know there's a cube recipe to upgrade unique items from the normal to exceptional versions of these items.

Do runewords count as unique items in this regard? I'd like to be sure before I waste the runes that I'm trying so hard to get.

2. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Exceptional Cube Recipe w/ Runewords?

No. But, they wouldn't be "wasted" since nothing will happen. It might be a waste of your time gathering items for a h-cube recipe that doesn't exist, though.

You need to kill lots of monsters in high level areas with little or no magic find in order to get exceptional or elite runeword bases. Google for ATMA or GoMule; they are both SP muling programs, but the also have drop calculators which will help you figure out where to run in order to get the items you want.

FYI: Some anti-virus software (namely Norton) will flag the ATMA installer as a virus, but it's not. If you don't want to disable the antivirus long enough to install ATMA, then you can use GoMule instead. It's java based.

3. butchie

butchie Diabloii.Net Member

The upgrade runes would not be wasted, but the runes for the runeword itself surely would (If he socketed grief into a crystal sword in hopes of upgrading to phase blade for example).

4. BobCox2

BobCox2 Diabloii.Net Member

CS< Dimensional Blade <Phase blade.