Excel calcs going wrong, please help!

spigot

Diabloii.Net Member
Excel calcs going wrong, please help!

Hi, I'm trying to plug captain_bogus' equations for BH damage into an excel sheet and I'm coming out with weird values (like 70k minimum damage), can anybody who has a similar spreadsheet set up have a look at this and tell me where Im wrong:

Min damage =

=(((0.1285*((B27)^2))+(6.925*(B27))+5.6421)*(1+(1.14*((C27)+(D27)))))*(1+((0.075*(E27))+0.225))

Max damage =

=(((0.1333*((B27)^2))+(6.804*(B27))+10.032)*(1+(1.14*((C27)+(D27)))))*(1+((0.075*(E27))+0.225))

Where

B27 = BH level
C27 = Vigor level
D27 = Blessed aim level
E27 = Concentration level

Hope this is the right place for this.

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
1. I assume you realize that C27 and D27 should actually be the number of hard skill points invested in each rather than the actual skill level.

2. Why not just google a skill planner? (The German one works good enough for me.)

spigot

Diabloii.Net Member
1. I assume you realize that C27 and D27 should actually be the number of hard skill points invested in each rather than the actual skill level.

2. Why not just google a skill planner? (The German one works good enough for me.)
1. Yes I was putting in the number of hard points, I know that synergys only affect using 1-20.

2. I tried using the diablo2.de skill calculator and it was giving me really low values, I dont think it was factoring in conviction, because it was giving the same value with and without.

I want to get this calculator sorted, because I am a :prop: and I want to gather all of my calculators into one giant spread sheet with multiple pages and hyperlinks, I am then going to use it to take over the world, muahahaha!

So I still need help!!! I would really like to find the exact formula rather than one with approximated constants. For reference here it is again, without quite so many brackets and substituting w, x, y and z in:

Min damage =

[FONT=&quot][([/FONT][FONT=&quot]0.1285[/FONT][FONT=&quot]w[/FONT][FONT=&quot]²[/FONT][FONT=&quot]+[/FONT][FONT=&quot]6.925[/FONT][FONT=&quot]w+[/FONT][FONT=&quot]5.6421[/FONT][FONT=&quot])([/FONT][FONT=&quot]1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]+[/FONT][FONT=&quot]1.14[/FONT][FONT=&quot](x+y))] [[/FONT][FONT=&quot]1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]+([/FONT][FONT=&quot]0.075[/FONT][FONT=&quot]z+[/FONT][FONT=&quot]0.225[/FONT][FONT=&quot])][/FONT]

Max damage =

[FONT=&quot][([/FONT][FONT=&quot]0.1333[/FONT][FONT=&quot]w[/FONT][FONT=&quot]²[/FONT][FONT=&quot]+[/FONT][FONT=&quot]6.804[/FONT][FONT=&quot]w+[/FONT][FONT=&quot]10.032[/FONT][FONT=&quot])([/FONT][FONT=&quot]1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]+[/FONT][FONT=&quot]1.14[/FONT][FONT=&quot](x+y))] [[/FONT][FONT=&quot]1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]+([/FONT][FONT=&quot]0.075[/FONT][FONT=&quot]z+[/FONT][FONT=&quot]0.225[/FONT][FONT=&quot])]

where:

w = Blessed hammer level (including +skills)
x = Blessed aim (not including +skills)
y = vigor [/FONT][FONT=&quot] (not including +skills)
and z = Concentration [/FONT][FONT=&quot](including +skills)

Hope this clarifys.
[/FONT]

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
2. I tried using the diablo2.de skill calculator and it was giving me really low values, I dont think it was factoring in conviction, because it was giving the same value with and without.
Concentration. I just checked it and it works fine.

As for your formulas, for one, I would guess that those are just empirical formulas, not necessarily exact formulas. Getting an exact formula could take quite a bit of code digging.

Secondly, the synergy portion should be (1 + 0.14*(x + y)), not 1.14.

EDIT: Keep me in mind when you eventually take over the world.

spigot

Diabloii.Net Member
Woo, thats what it was, thanks, I had just mis-placed the 1 and couldnt see for looking.