Example of a decent map for Hell Mephisto MF runs?

Wanchu

Diabloii.Net Member
Example of a decent map for Hell Mephisto MF runs?

Could someone please post some screenshots of a decent map for Hell Mephisto MF runs? I am starting the runs and I don't know what kind of map I should try to get. It would also help if someone gave me an estimation of the number of tries I will need.

I have had no luck searching the forum. The word "map" is too short to use it in the search function and Google showed no useful results. Using "maps" didn't work either.

Thank you :)

Jaago

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Example of a decent map for Hell Mephisto MF runs?

It doesn't usually take too many runs to get a map in which the first branch to the left from the waypoint contains the stairs to Lv. 3. Maybe 15-30 tries on average. Search by turning always left.

Sprut

Diabloii.Net Member

I remember having a map like that, I ran mephisto runs with a javazone then, level3 was actually longer than level2 :thumbup:

Zaliqai

Diabloii.Net Member

Here is a screenshot of one of my Meph maps. The entrance to The Durance of Hate Level 3 is only 4 Teleports straight up. This map is perfect for a sorceress but probably not much good for any other character (unless they have some form of Teleport) because they would have to walk around quite a bit to get to the entrance.

This map isn't a perfect example because it's to the right of the Waypoint. As Jaago said the entrance to the DoH3 is almost always to the left. If you have a sorc it can be worth it to quickly check to the right of the Waypoint as well if the entrance isn't to the left. Otherwise your best bet is probably to quickly check if the entrance is to the left of the Waypoint and if you don't find it immediately to your left, reroll the map and try again. If you plan on doing lots of Meph runs it's worth it to spend a bit of time beforehand finding a really good map. From my experience you'd have to be extremely unlucky for it to take you even an hour to find a good map. I'd say it takes me about a dozen or so tries on average to find a good one.

Wanchu

Diabloii.Net Member

Thank you all for your answers :)

Zaliqai, that map is incredible, I would love to have it for my fishymancer: few teleport charges needed and no enemies to avoid :thumbup:

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member

On my map, the entrance is just around the corner (4-5 teleports), I have also seen a map where it is just on the other side of the wall (2teleports)

DaveW

Diabloii.Net Member

I once had a 1 teleport map for Hell Meph but lost it in a restart. Up till then tho, I used to milk it. But that was SC too. Doesn't matter if you die unlike HC, which is what I'm mainly playing atm.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member

I don't get what people mean by 1tp map. You have to do at least one tp to get to an edge of the WP room, don't you? You can't tp away from that room right from the WP?

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member

Zaliqai said:
you'd have to be extremely unlucky for it to take you even an hour to find a good map. I'd say it takes me about a dozen or so tries on average to find a good one.
You can count me as THE EXTREMELY unlucky person. I once spent over 2 hours and couldn't find a half decent map, let alone a good one. My normal hell meph map is the kind that most people wouldn't even touch.

Wanchu

Diabloii.Net Member

Poor DeathMaster... maybe you should try a bit more and get a better map, it shouldn't take very long, I hope.

For reference, it took me around 8 tries to get this map: screenshot

This is really quick compared to my previous MF attempts (with my old IK barbarian, it took like 20 seconds running to get to the stairs, and he ran really fast). It's great! :)

EDIT: I am also finding much more unique and set items than I used to find with my IK barb, because my fishymancer has much more %MF from the equipment, I guess (or maybe it is just a good streak). I am excited for finding so much of them :)

Last edited:

Drixx

Diabloii.Net Member

@Hrus,

I had a map like you're talking about, I'd run a little bit from the WP and then single teleport to the stairs down. That's the best map for a sorc (or any class who uses teleport charges) ... but finding it took me hours and hours... and that's one of the topics in my (soon?) to be released MF Supplement guide ... the real value in finding a good map.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member

@Hrus,

I had a map like you're talking about, I'd run a little bit from the WP and then single teleport to the stairs down. That's the best map for a sorc (or any class who uses teleport charges) ... but finding it took me hours and hours... and that's one of the topics in my (soon?) to be released MF Supplement guide ... the real value in finding a good map.
Isn't it better to cast two teleports anyways?

Callador

Diabloii.Net Member

I had this map during Mephathon but I lost it as I had to roll a good Baal Map...

Soulburner

Diabloii.Net Member

I had this map during Mephathon but I lost it as I had to roll a good Baal Map...
Excuse the noob question, but what you do mean you lost it? You'd lose it if the game was closed no matter what.

And don't you guys get far less runs in per hour trying to do this? That's like waiting for a taxi when you could walk down the street.

Greebo

Diabloii.Net Member

This is a thread resurrection, but most importantly wrong forum.

This is Single Player Forum. If you play Single Player, the map stays the same, given you don't switch difficulties. From what you're saying I assume you play on b.net, where this is not the case.

--Greebo

Corale

Diabloii.Net Member

This is the best map I have gotten so far, I'm using it currently. Took me only 3 tries once I started trying to find a good one :thumbup:

Grisu

Diabloii.Net Member

I know this was a thread resurrection, but the original post hasn't been that long ago, so I thought I'd post the best Mephisto map I got so far (rolled it in the untwinked MF tournament this year).

One step to the right, one Teleport, one charge to the stairs - voilà! :)

Mardonius

Diabloii.Net Member

I don't have a screen shot, but my Mephisto map is such that the rectangle containing the stairs down is just diagonal to the rectangle containing the waypoint. No spawns in the immediate vicinity. Very fast.