Exam confidentiality agreement

kobold

Banned
Exam confidentiality agreement

I have the capstone exam coming up for my designation. I had to sign a confidentiality agreement for it today.

Has anyone ever heard of having to do this? Lawyers, CPAs, etc. etc.?

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Confidentiality agreement? That you won't discuss anything about the exam after you take it?

I've had it in my law exams since some studnets take them at a later date. We sign an honor code pledge that includes not a clause about not talking about the exam until everyone has taken it.

kobold

Banned
Confidentiality agreement? That you won't discuss anything about the exam after you take it?
Exactly. Talking about it (and getting caught) invalidates the results of the exam, disqualifies me from taking further exams, as well as being threatened with possible legal action.

I can't really see how that would work. If you're going to cheat/help someone cheat, breaking a confidentiality agreement won't stop you. Although I suppose it might stop someone who's on the fence.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
How on earth could they prove that student A has told student B about what's on the test?

Does this exclude one from being a tutor for those about to take the test? If so then it's bull****. There is no better way to reinforce what you've learned than by teaching it.

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
I work for the Canadian government and any exam you take for a government job requires you to sign one before hand.

Dutchman

Diabloii.Net Member
You a canuck? I had to sign one of those for my CGA final.

From what I'm told, they really can't do anything if you just want the letters, pay your annual dues, and have spiffier business cards. If you want to be captain CGA with you local chapter, ontario headquarters, or national .. blah blah blah, it can hurt if somehow has said that you broke the agreement.

Still can't prove though. I mean, its an accounting test, take yourselves too seriously much fellas?

My personal favorite is the exam monitors calling themselves invigilators. Sounds like a bad 80's action show.

Dutch

jimmyboy

Diabloii.Net Member
The Bar did it. But never heard of an enforcement.

The CPA exam too. And I know for a fact that they do enforce it.

Dutchman

Diabloii.Net Member
My final for that was a joke anyway, exactly the same central problem as the practice tests, so anyone with a nice masters in BS can easily pass the thing.

You write it already, iirc they mailed me the form? If not, good luck, and don't stress it too much.

Dutch

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
I think it is more a formality and a scare tactic than anything else...though I have heard of the agreements being enforced in some cases.

buttershug

Diabloii.Net Member
Still can't prove though. I mean, its an accounting test, take yourselves too seriously much fellas?
Getting a hole in one is luck, getting 41 hole in ones is dedication. (or some such)
Mr. So and So has done that and is a CPA.

I wish I could remember the radio ad better and the other ones.
Yeah they take themselves seriously.
Some of the ads are funny how pompous they are.

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
My personal favorite is the exam monitors calling themselves invigilators. Sounds like a bad 80's action show.
There were like five of them, right? And one was a woman, and one was black, and they drove around in a van fighting crime? I remember that one.

Dutchman

Diabloii.Net Member
Was it the Ark that had everyone wandering slowly through some giant adrift spaceship but everyone in the future had the style and speech of 1970?

That one is a classic, whatever the hell it was called.

Dutch