Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Evil Me?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Mr.Bogohossian, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

Evil Me?

What a night. Yet i "pked" another player. I was doing a rush in nm for this lvl 30ish barb. Throught out the entire rush, this guy has asked me for frees, and bugged me to do bonus quests for him. Its like "DO YOU HAVE FREE BARB SWORD!!!! GIVE BA PLXZ!!!!" and repeats it down the screen 5 times in a row. The worst part of all is not the fact that it took me nearly one hour for a rush that usually takes 15 mins. Due to the request of bonus quests. ( I do not know him at all). The worst part came when we did hell forge quest. A lem rune dropped and he quickly grabbed it. Then he told me he need it badly, and begged me for me to give. I told him if he doesnt give back the lem rune i will stop the rush. Yet this smart kid suggests this, i will give you once you finish diablo. Pissed off as i was, knowing that i was scammed. I did a "dirty trick". Since i was rushing with sorc, i made a tp in chaos surrounded with inferno champions and obvion knights/mages. And as usual he asked for a tp for exp. So bam, i watched as he goes down, with the lem rune as well. Now I dont know if i would do that again, it felt great at first, but i sort of felt bad afterwards, he could be just some little kid. Ye but oh well, there goes my wasted one hour. :rant: :innocent:

2. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

You did completely right. You tought him a lesson. Not that it's certain he got it, but you should NOT feel bad about yourself in any case, as in that "any" case, he was still being an arse-hole.

3. mali

mali IncGamers Member

No way. Lil' bastard thoroughly deserved what he got. Hell... I'd send him a pm, tell him I'm sorry: then rush him to normal CS just to do it again. Hopefully he learnt from this. Probably not. Guys like that shouldn't be playing.

Cheers

m

4. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Why let monsters do that which I can do myself...

5. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Because MK makes loot drop....you need practice for D1 o_O

6. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

D1 before the invading hackers......wow.

That was fun

7. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

He deserved it. gj.

8. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Totally agree with all the replies, any spamming begger who cannot even agree to the terms of a rush should be pk'ed in the most evil backstabbing ugly way possible, whether by player or by trapped tp/wp.

9. rpgforumsnet

rpgforumsnet IncGamers Member

I'm not sure if I met the kid that you wasted before.

I was starting out hc and got my skellymancer up to lvl70.

Then I turned around and rush my sorc with 2 pc. There's a bunch of ppl that rode along and they were all very polite and thankful except a kid (a zon) that kept asking for items and stuff.

We're almost done for the night in act5 anya quest and this random monster dropped a Torch of Iro. Note that my necro is wearing craps since I just started out, and I could definitely use that.

You see how I did the rush - I got my skelly up on my desktop pc and I use my left hand to control him. On the other hand I use my laptop to control my sorc to follow along.

Although my necro is leading, I have no ways to pick that item up conveniently. So natually someone else picked it (as you may have guessed it's the kid).

I had no clue who got it and I asked, and everyone said they didn't get it (none of them are necro). Those honest ppl started encouraging whoever got it should give it to me as a gratitude. Nonetheless I said I will offer something for the wand.

That kid that denied it earlier now said "WUG" (maybe he thought that my lvl70 necro must have something good)

Anyway I offer some normal set gears that I collected and he refused, said those were garbage blah blah blah and I was like #$^*@ it's just a level 6 freaking unique wand...

So I asked everyone to leave the party (as you can tell I'm pissed) and rejoin. He then started covering the whole screen with trash talk for 5 mins before leaving the game.

Everyone else were still very thoughtful and thanked me for the rush, which still made my day.

10. Toliphar

Toliphar IncGamers Member

Thieves, beggers, general idiots.... I'll never know wich I dislike the most.

11. helohi

helohi IncGamers Member

I would have made the hot tp right on top of diablo and killed him after the [selfcensored] little brat had died. Gj on teaching him a lesson :thumbsup:

12. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

^

I'll agree with that.

13. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

I agree that my 10 year old daughter deserved it. She can be quite self centered. She cried for several hours after. She was really torn up.

Just kidding.

It sounds like the person was being a real jerk. I don't blame you for being annoyed at all.

However, it doesn't justify what you did. It still isn't the right thing to do. I can understand why you feel guilty. I understand because I've done things that I regretted later (we're all human).

The anonymity (sp?) of bnet often times brings out the worst in people. It makes it almost surprising and refreshing when you meet a "good" one.

14. det

det IncGamers Member

Do you still need a wand? If that HCL Europe, I think i still have one to spare

15. BreakThruX

BreakThruX IncGamers Member

Strange thing for me is i don't really beg, people just give me items out of the blue. For example: In a baal run i asked if anyone had titans for trade and i was making some offers i had and he said they sucked and then this guy said he'd give me a free one. I'm like wow your really gonna? He goes dude its not that hard to find you noob, im gonna give you one no questions ask now shut up. Well i kept my cool and got the titans, he said that titans is crap if its not eth i was like ********. Wel theres my adventure :clap:

16. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

gotta say I agree with Spero on this one... though I would have been very tempted to do the same (and have done the same in the past... especially to those who spam tp tp tp tp tp tp when i'm trying to kill a big group of things.... hit 4 and walk away fast). But still...

Probably shoulda just said "shove it" and left the game.

17. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Then how do you propose to encourage good manners on bnet if ppl are allowed to get away with things like this?

If they are getting rushed through nm at lvl 30, they are probably planning to pk ppl anyway. And then to steal a lem rune, well... No respect and no manners = trapped tp to Inferno champions.
    I think that is a fitting punishment in this crazy bnet world.

18. terrymanning

terrymanning IncGamers Member

You guys all know what I think about PKs, but even I have to admit he had it coming.

TM

19. AnubisXy

AnubisXy IncGamers Member

I gotta agree, he deserved it.

Kinda related, a while ago I was bringing a necro through act3 hell, happily alone marching down to meph in durance 2. Anyway some sorc joins, and joins my party. She pops into durance and says she'll rush me through the rest of hell for my hellforge. I politely decline and she tele's off, still partied, then she says "my tp for meph". So, I go back to town and take her TP, right into the middle of all the nasties in durance 3. Had I been any other class other than a summoner I probably would have died, but fortunately my minions took enough hits to give me time to save+exit. When I came back, meph was dead and the sorc left the game without saying anything, but I never trusted anyone again in a public game.

20. rAOL

rAOL IncGamers Member

Not evil at all. Thats happened to me numerous times and i've done the exact same thing as you did. Stupid ppl like that deserve what they get.

He probably woulda died in WSK durin a run prob anyways, people like that generally die in the more complex parts of the game.