Everyone's Oppinion [block Vs. Vit]

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Tib said:
I thought the point of all the +str stuff was to get marrows on! Why would you count +str from marrow? Sounds kind of redundant if ya'll ask me ;)
He wanted to equip Spirit, which can only be made in 4 socketed shields. The lightest 4 socket shield is a monarch which has 156 str requirements. So the 20 str from Marrowwalks would help him equip Spirit.
 

Tib

Diabloii.Net Member
Chimaira said:
He wanted to equip Spirit, which can only be made in 4 socketed shields. The lightest 4 socket shield is a monarch which has 156 str requirements. So the 20 str from Marrowwalks would help him equip Spirit.
AHH!!!! That explains it all :) ty!
 

'22'Souljah

Diabloii.Net Member
if you can manage to have 75 all reisist with the 125% fcr bp then just use a stormshield and go all vit
that's my opinion on how it should be done for pvp
 

HafidzMD

Diabloii.Net Member
Myrakh-2 said:
I hate playing with this kind of lag, but my Skelemancer has no major issues with that. Or almost no --- I don't go into the WSK with this kind of lag: black souls don't one-hit kill me, but I don't want to get fried for a minute before I know what's going on :)

Of course, a minute is extreme. I've played with a few seconds of lag and just estimating that I could handle a minute as well. It would be very slow progress, though, as I cannot operate completely blind, and I have to make sure I stay behind my skellies even if I don't see what's going on...
actually, i run on quite fast internet, but occasionally, the lags will strike, thats why i need a char that can stand a 30 seconds lag. If i were to play by my own, i would just exit the game (hint: i sometimes dont play by my own, u get the idea).

I used to play using revives, they pretty dumb, so i switched to skellies, better AI, and i have 75% block, which I really recommend. alot of times, i dont have skellies around (couldnt revive coz of lag) but i dont get hit in the middle of those zombies at pindle.

Also, meditation is very very slow (ive tried it, using prayer merc w insight, i dont think thats a viable option). while a pally with high dmg reduced might do the trick, again, if u are in the middle of packs of monsters, and u all alone, chances are u wont recover fast enough to stand the lag.

I had a druid whos got full blocking and max dmg reduced, he still suffers from lag.

From my experience, a hybrid necro with full block is the best char to able to stand such lag. altho ppl might not agree. i stil do 5k spear and lvl 37 skellies. and sometimes my merc kill monsters in 1 hit, so yeah i like my necro build v much :)
 

Zpliffman

Diabloii.Net Member
HafidzMD said:
actually, i run on quite fast internet, but occasionally, the lags will strike, thats why i need a char that can stand a 30 seconds lag. If i were to play by my own, i would just exit the game (hint: i sometimes dont play by my own, u get the idea).

I used to play using revives, they pretty dumb, so i switched to skellies, better AI, and i have 75% block, which I really recommend. alot of times, i dont have skellies around (couldnt revive coz of lag) but i dont get hit in the middle of those zombies at pindle.

Also, meditation is very very slow (ive tried it, using prayer merc w insight, i dont think thats a viable option). while a pally with high dmg reduced might do the trick, again, if u are in the middle of packs of monsters, and u all alone, chances are u wont recover fast enough to stand the lag.

I had a druid whos got full blocking and max dmg reduced, he still suffers from lag.

From my experience, a hybrid necro with full block is the best char to able to stand such lag. altho ppl might not agree. i stil do 5k spear and lvl 37 skellies. and sometimes my merc kill monsters in 1 hit, so yeah i like my necro build v much :)

What shield do you use to get max block? And what is your life.
 

Doll Call

Diabloii.Net Member
i recommend it least keeping a homonculus if you plan on going into pubs. a 6k life dual weilding beast/grief FCR bvc barb will kill you unless you have block, no problem. they cast the same speed (or 1 frame minus)... and have instantaneous attack (versus stationary spear/spirit however many frames to cast)... and chew through bone armor in one smack with grief. which means how many shots do they get at you without block per ww? for barbs you'll want to ditch your fancy circlet and df for a ber'd hommun (or a hel'd ss if you can get it on), and a ber'd shako. also a pure melee charger if geared up and played properly can very easily kill you (with the advent of eth death zerker, fortitude, and phoenix these guys can eat your bone armor and kill you twice over with the remaining damage... 20k with 95%+ deadly strike, and a solid 75% cb).
 

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
I like max block with necs, mainly because a necro only gains 2 life per point into vitality.

At level 85 you need 193 dex for max block with homoncolus. That's 386 life to prevent 75% of all melee/archer/jav type attacks on you. Because you'll still have around 700-900 life with even crappy gear, that's not a bad investment IMO.
 

dys0r

Diabloii.Net Member
Max block on a PvP bone nec's useless. The point of being a caster is that you're not supposed to get caught. You should only worry about ww barbs and desynch chargers if you go to an all out vita route. I've built both a max block and a pure vita nec. I had 2.6k life (lvl 95) with the block route compared to my current 3.5k life (also lvl 95). That's a big difference.

Besides, you'll mostly be dueling casters in pubby games, with an occassional ww barb or pally.

- Terry
 

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
Max Block vs. Melee.

Max Vit vs. Casters.

In my experience it is much easier to kill necros with max vit. The one's with max block are harder to hit, plus they teleport. They are able to block a teleporting WW barb, while pure vit necros cannot.
 

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
dys0r said:
I had 2.6k life (lvl 95) with the block route compared to my current 3.5k life (also lvl 95). That's a big difference.
It would take you 213 points into dexterity to achieve max block with a homoncolus at 95, so that means that your vitanec had 426 more base life than your dexanec. You had a ~900 life point difference between your two necros, which meant that if you geared them the same you'd have to have an impressive lvl 27 BO (113%). How (other than partying with a barb) did you get a lvl 27 battle orders on a nec?
 

dys0r

Diabloii.Net Member
Necrochild313 said:
It would take you 213 points into dexterity to achieve max block with a homoncolus at 95, so that means that your vitanec had 426 more base life than your dexanec. You had a ~900 life point difference between your two necros, which meant that if you geared them the same you'd have to have an impressive lvl 27 BO (113%). How (other than partying with a barb) did you get a lvl 27 battle orders on a nec?
My old max block nec used dusk enigma, and put way too many pts in str. I also didn't use bk rings and bloodfists back then. I've also upgraded to 33+ pnb lifers since.

- Terry
 

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
dys0r said:
My old max block nec used dusk enigma, and put way too many pts in str. I also didn't use bk rings and bloodfists back then. I've also upgraded to 33+ pnb lifers since.

- Terry
You should've noted that earlier :lol:
 

dill_myster

Diabloii.Net Member
it depends on who your dueling to my knowledge psn charms don't work with sorc spells or most anything tht is cast for that matter, melee & amazons (widowmaker assns?) go for M/block, if your playing casters go full vita
go out in the moor and cast a few skellis my boner has lv24 skelli mastery(10base) and 15 skellis currently(only 1 hard pt)
 

Mr.Popo

Banned
max block if u want him to duel anyone. No block if ur only going to duel casters.

1vita=2life for necro, seem like a really small amount.
 

Beneathnoise

Diabloii.Net Member
HafidzMD said:
From my experience, a hybrid necro with full block is the best char to able to stand such lag. altho ppl might not agree. i stil do 5k spear and lvl 37 skellies. and sometimes my merc kill monsters in 1 hit, so yeah i like my necro build v much :)
What does your skill tree look like?? how can you attain both 5k spear AND 37 skellies??

That sounds insane to me...

All the bone/summoner hybrids i've seen only have like two maxxed things into bone synergies, usually Spear and Wall (or spirit and wall)

But the bonemancerguides suggest maxing all bone synergies.. what are the damage differences?
 

HafidzMD

Diabloii.Net Member
Beneathnoise said:
What does your skill tree look like?? how can you attain both 5k spear AND 37 skellies??

That sounds insane to me...

All the bone/summoner hybrids i've seen only have like two maxxed things into bone synergies, usually Spear and Wall (or spirit and wall)

But the bonemancerguides suggest maxing all bone synergies.. what are the damage differences?
Im not sure the rules in here, but I used the marrow bug ( i do think its somehow intentional). Also, im at lvl 98, if im not mistaken, at lvl 95 i maxed all the bone synergies and and maxed skellies lvl, then worked on skel monsters from that. I am also using one summon GC (its got high life, the only reason why im using that)

Ive tested several times on nec in pindle, while many chars died instantly when they entered my tp, I somehow managed to block almost all the attacks. which is why I think max block is favoured (PVM). Having 3k life surrounded by 10 monsters, each dealing 1k dmg is bad. But having 2k life, surrounded by monsters and block 7.5 of them, turns out to be better. Again, PVM ( u cant make a game w 10 ppl, and then u have probs w casters as well).

I had a nec not using the marrow bug and had 3.5k life and no block, he looses life faster in chronic situation.
 
Top