Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Everyones least favorite curse.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Aldarad, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Aldarad

Aldarad IncGamers Member

Everyones least favorite curse.

Well since we have a thread about favorite curses perhaps we should do the opposite. What curse do you never or hardly ever use?

Mine is Lower Resist. Sorcerers would love me for using it but thats theire problem.

2. kohlman

kohlman IncGamers Member

1. Weaken :thumbsdown: If I am afraid that a pack of monsters will overrun my skellies, I just use decrepify or spam CE till all the monsters die. Skellies are plenty strong enough as it is, and Decrepify slows monsters down. To me, a monster that swings less, hits less. And a monster that hits less, hurts less. Decrepify also increases Physical damage :thumbsup:
    IMHO (and probably everyone else's) Decrepify>Weaken

2. Attract. To me this is overrated, simply because of the time it takes to cast it, then switch to another curse, but then again if I tried to incorporate it more, it might be useful.

P.S. I like Lower Resist because in Hell difficulty, monsters have an innate 50% Physical Damage Reduction and that can be a pain in 8 player cow games, but with a few sorcs or Poisonmancers, Lower Resist can help most poeple in the party to amazing effect since lightning sorcs and blizz sorcs can have such high damage :grin:

3. Bandit

Bandit IncGamers Member

What have I started?! haha

Curse I use the least = Life Tap....Skele's are plenty strong enough to hold their own in a pack of monsters, either that or they die before I have time to cast haha.

As for the curse I hate the most....I'd have to go with that damn mana curse that temptresses (whatever they're called) and baal casts on you, the one where you use mana and you lose life ><

4. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

No they don't. They used to, but as of 1.1x, they no longer do.

My least favorite curse is Iron Maiden. It's the only curse that I simply never use.

5. Pom Shadd

Pom Shadd IncGamers Member

I second that: IM is useless to me.

Weaken at least looks kind of cool (I think), and has a huge radius at slvl 1. Kinda makes you feel big to curse such a large area.

6. GotFriana

GotFriana IncGamers Member

I d have to say the curses I hate more are the ones other players cast and overun my Amp :p Most Especially other necros in the party casting IM >_<

But from my own curses I d say IM (useless) and Confusion these 2 I never use, I prefer the precision of Atract and Amp.

7. gotfocus

gotfocus IncGamers Member

I agree that iron maiden is probably the most useless. Weaken; I personally find useless but on the other hand, those oblivion knights can cast weaken which means that there is a decreased chance of them using iron maiden on me.

8. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Weaken is the most underused curse for me. I think you guys seriously underestimate IM. Never has been a better anti-WW Barb weapon than that.

9. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Oops, comp lag = double post sry about that. :undecided:

10. MysticDragon

MysticDragon IncGamers Member

I could've sworn I posted in here... Anyways... Decrepify is more crippling to a Barbarian than IM is.

11. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

going to have to go with weaken

12. HYKO

HYKO IncGamers Member

This one has to be IM!!!
    It used to be pretty cool with blood golem back in the classic days.
    Now they have nerfed it... it is rather useless., for the player themself at least.

As for the knights that cast them... they must love it cast it again and again.
    And the thing i hate most about it is when i can't kill anything with IM, my minions all die in one hit death against their IM.... geez, thats just fair

13. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Barb + WW + Teleing Necro + IM = Instant Barb Death

14. MysticDragon

MysticDragon IncGamers Member

Berserk. Decrepify weakens a Barbarian more. What Barbarian would Whirlwind with IM on?

15. Enilias

Enilias IncGamers Member

IM would be my vote too. In pvm it does next to nothing. In pvp it either instakills or nothing at all, in both cases making a boring duel.

16. Apophis

Apophis Banned

i would never use IM, is useless, :)) and hasn't a cool aura :))

17. TC Garm

TC Garm IncGamers Member

Iron Maiden. I only got it because of the band.....

18. NecromanSassin

NecromanSassin IncGamers Member

Hey guys, I'm slightly new to being a Diabloii.net member (less than 24 hours :hide:). But this post sparked my interst. I would definitely have to say my LEAST favorite curse has got to be Terror. Terror only slows down killing time by making the monsters run away! Causing most ranged or magic-using monsters to get a better chance to hit you/your minions. If anything, this curse only does bad, in my opinion.:soapbox:

19. SoM

SoM IncGamers Member

after rebuilding me necro i only have 3 curses 2 most important ones (amp,decryp) and 1 ( terror ) useless one, so im'a say terror

20. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

Tell that to a Bonemancer. One of my favorite tactics is to Terror a monster, and then namelock him and spam spirits as he runs away. Nice safe takedown.

It's also useful for saving your merc or partymate's life when he's getting swarmed and hammered by a dangerous pack, it makes stair traps much less of a threat (gee, where'd everyone go? :laugh: ), it can be used to steer monsters into a Corpse Explosion killing field, and can separate Aura-Enchanted bosses from their minions (so you can take out the Fanat-enchanted boss on his own and then take out the minions without worrying about Fanat anymore).

Oh, plus it's really fun to use in conjunction with Attract. If you attract a monster way in the back of the pack, the monsters in the front will be closer to you than to it and won't go back to attack it. Terror them back in the direction of their "friend" and when they come to, they'll beat the poor baddy senseless.

Terror's a really useful skill. It's not an uberspamdiediedie type skill like Blessed Hammer, but it's a tactical-application skill with dozens of uses.