Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Everyone's Favorite Curse

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Bandit, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Bandit

Bandit IncGamers Member

Everyone's Favorite Curse

I'm just curious what everyone's favorite curse is and why. Personally mine used to be amp up until i walked into the bloody foothills in hell. Since then Dim Vision, I've realized, has been a godsend when Undead Archers, Cat Slingers and Imps all tried to gank my skele army. Since then it's my main curse of choice considering skele's kill rather quickly with might and fanat auras already ;)

2. Josiphos

Josiphos IncGamers Member

For PvM mine has recently become attract, for the same reason as you. All those archers, instead of firing at you, now fire at one of their own. Then your minions walk up and kick the crap out of the whole bunch.

Best part is, you can attract one of the pack, and decrep or amp the rest. I never knew the power of this underused curse before. Only drawback is the low duration in hell, but with decent plus skills its been working for me.

I only use dim vision on gloams and souls in WS keep...makes em use their pathetic physical attack intead of that evil lightning.

3. Phesto

Phesto IncGamers Member

I like Attract because it makes mid-power builds much more viable, and since it can't be overwritten by other curses you can use it and a non-AI curse together.

And just an FYI: Attract can get by far the longest duration of the AI curses in Nightmare and Hell.

4. ilovesoda

ilovesoda IncGamers Member

Depends on my current build.

5. HYKO

HYKO IncGamers Member

Well amp is by far the most frenqent curse that i use thoughout the game.
    Other curses has their own stage for different situations...
    For instance, in hell baal game where there are usually pack of sorcs lower resist became my fav curse, the minions collapse soon as they spawn; abosolutly sick.

Also in hell baal game where there is a dangerous portal, cast dim vision. Even the worst portal can be solved.

Someone has already mention about attract.

Terror shines in uber trist, Decep make hell baal a joke

Those are proabalby the most useful curse in game imo, some say life tap is important but i never needed it to heal my army, they pretty much will just die against IM and in the case of IM, u can't save them using life tap anyway.

6. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

don't know if really have a favorite. life tap is a nice curse every once in awhile to help out some melee chars. im, decrep, lr. all great curses to throw on those pub bm planners when they run out. they'll love you ;)

7. Pom Shadd

Pom Shadd IncGamers Member

Actually, one of my favourite things about necros in general is how useful all the curses are at one point or another. It's worth getting them all regardless of the fact that they don't synergize. I've been using terror to great effect with my HC SP necro in normal act 3, to clear bridges for my minions to cross en-masse, or to send flayer shaman running away, and stop them infernoing my army.

8. Aminal

Aminal IncGamers Member

I have a summoner is Hell he's my mfer andf my favorite curse is confuse. Its the best crowd control ever they are so busy killing each other that they almost forget you are here lol

9. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Decrepify makes PvP and Ubers alot less annoying.

10. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

My favorite curse is Weaken.

11. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Amp every1 and decriptify bosses.
    Of course, terror is nice in uber trist

PS. ahhhh weaken???

12. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

My favourite is Dim Vision. It's fun to know that Fallens aren't going to run away like the poons they are after their comrade dies, and it's fun to know that their Priests aren't going to revive them.

13. HYKO

HYKO IncGamers Member

Just curious, why weaken? Isn't decrep better?
    It lowers targets speed, physical resistance and damage by 50%
    Where as weaken only reduce damage by 33%

14. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Think about it. With enough +skills Weaken can blanket the whole screen, and lasts a long time too. Decrepify is confined to that tiny radius, and it's duration is short.

There's also the mana cost factor, if you're building untwinked. 4 mana for a single cast versus 11 mana where you need to cast a few times to hit everything.

Oh, and Soul Drainer casts Weaken. Awesome for those characters who don't need Life Tap via Dracul's and are a little fragile (think glass cannon strafer).

BTW mine is Life Tap. It makes melee characters your friend. It keeps my Zealot nice and healthy when it matters. Flashing it up when your merc gets smacked around a bit keeps him healthy too.

15. HYKO

HYKO IncGamers Member

I guess that is only useful when you play untwinked then, because i rather kill the enermy fast (amp) then lower their damage.

16. Aldarad

Aldarad IncGamers Member

Well Amp what I used the most but I think they are all useful. Just a matter of gear , style or situation.

17. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

Oh yeah, Decrep blows Weaken out of the water in terms of effectiveness. Weaken's probably the worst curse on the entire tree. Of course, the thread didn't ask what the BEST curse was, only what my FAVORITE curse is... and my favorite curse is Weaken.

I tend to run a lot of PDR builds. PDR works PHENOMINALLY with enemy damage reduced skills (Battle Cry, Taunt, Weaken, or Decrep). Weaken has a MUCH longer duration and a MUCH larger radius than Decrep, which means I don't have to cast it as often to get everyone covered, and I don't have to reapply it as often, either, so I tend to run it from time to time on some of my high-PDR meleemancers. It's a really really specialized use, and Decrep would still probably be better even in that case, but what can I say... I'm a sucker for the underdog skills.:smiley:

18. GotFriana

GotFriana IncGamers Member

I use Amp Amp Amp Amp all the time, I apreciate the oportunities to use other curses. I love Attract, I love to see them turning on their feet to attack their own mates.

19. HYKO

HYKO IncGamers Member

Now i get you! I might start doing that myself, it'd be fun:rolleyes:

20. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

Yeah, if you have a very sick and twisted sense of what's fun.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. I, myself, have a very sick and twiested sense of what's fun.:grin: