Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

EVERYONE READ!!! NEW TOWN KILL BUG!!! (for me at least) if

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by AssassinofTime, Mar 17, 2004.

1. AssassinofTime

AssassinofTime Banned

EVERYONE READ!!! NEW TOWN KILL BUG!!! (for me at least)

(please forgive me if this if old news... I remember reading something about rogue mercs killing people in town, but i didn't understand how it worked. Apparently the game I was in never heard of this bug either.)

10 minutes ago I joined a dueling game with my level 16 druid. Shortly after I joined a level 76 Paladin joins and hostiles the entire game of low levels. He then runs outside into blood moor and then his Rogue merc starts shooting fire arrows, and regular arrows at me and the rest of players that were near the town entrance. We all died. After this happend he explained to us that his necromancer friend would cast his clay golem in front of one of us and the rogue merc would shoot the clay golem, but his friend would unsummon the clay golem before the arrow would hit it, so the player behind his clay golem would be damaged/killed even though he/she was in town.

http://www.imageshack.us/img1/8124/Screenshot007.jpg

Here's a picture of me, and this sorc dead inside of town because of the bug.
    Notice all of the dead clay golems everywhere.

2. -Edicius-

-Edicius- IncGamers Member

Were you that ******** to do this in HC?...

3. Gheeds Army

Gheeds Army IncGamers Member

did u have lag in this game?? i've dueled a few times while under bad lag then died inside of town. only to find i was out of sync and died out side town.

4. AssassinofTime

AssassinofTime Banned

Yeah that's what I thought too, until everyone in the game was slaughtered, and did you see the picture? there's a sorceress even father in town than me dead... plus someone even said "lol whos killing them in town"

5. songmage

songmage IncGamers Member

I have been out of d2 for a while so I am not 100% sure but don't your mercs die too? I see 2 standing mercs in town next to the 2 dead guys.

If you see a mid-high level HC character in a game hostile you its time to leave the game anyways.....live and learn

6. Rex

Rex Banned

Those are the townguards, I assume..

7. Optix

Optix Banned