Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Everyone Hates a Barbarian Party?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

Flux News Post:

[​IMG]

[caption id="attachment_383891" align="alignright" width="350"][​IMG] Eat his dust...[/caption]We've talked about this on the podcast several times, and it also comes up in clan chat all the time... which classes are the most fun and least fun to party with?

Pretty much everyone likes to party with Witch Doctors since most of them represent a walking army of tanks, and WD's also provide some useful buffs. Some builds of Monks and Crusaders can also bring useful tanks/buffs, and the new Slow Time Wizards can be helpful. DHs aren't tanks, but they've usually got some pet(s) that are, and they deal huge damage, and since they need health orbs, they aren't usually miles out ahead of everyone else. Wizards can be pleasant, and the new Slow Time build is much more party friendly than the old dash along Firebirds. You'll note one class I haven't mentioned yet...

Do people really avoid barbs on rifts?

I have noticed lately esp post patch that whenever a high level barb enters the game, a couple players usually leave the rift.

On my second to the last rift, one DH said something about how annoying they are because they spin around like ballerina acting like it's a solo game. It turned into an entertaining exchange of words but here's my thought.

Idk if there is an etiquette (i mean who am I kidding) but bit by bit it seems to have grown quite of an annoyance to me too. It's like 1 second and the elite is dead as I am setting up my sentries or hydra, and then seconds later the barb is on the next level spinning and breezing through.

Tyvalir: Personally, I think it's always a good idea when starting a public game to establish ground rules with your team, like what your pace will be and what group buffs you'll use, among other things. Knowing those details at the outset can often help make multiplayer games go much more smoothly.

That said, we understand that playing in public games outside of Greater Rifts can have its ups and downs, especially when one player is able to more quickly power through enemies and obstacles than the rest of the group.

We don't have any plans to take away movement-based builds or similar playstyles; instead, we'll continue to discuss ways to present players at those higher power levels with options for more challenging public game content. [source]http://diablo.incgamers.com/blizzard-tracker/devthread/us/16952585285[/source]

Yeah, this is a thing. Barbs do have some party buffs, but with the return of the perma-WotB spin2win, they're pretty not-fun to party with. Barbs move as fast or faster than anyone else, and the play style seems to be to spin along without pause, damaging all and killing most of the trash mobs, and slowing only to wipe out Elites and maybe occasionally click a chest. Which is certainly profitable and fun for the Barb, but sucks for everyone else running along in his wake.

That said, it's virtually the same as the dash and DoT Firebird Wizard play style that dominated Seasons 1 and 2, and there are plenty of other builds (Monk Tempest Rush) that can do much the same thing. I think Tyvalir's "everyone talk about how we're going to play together!" is cute but unrealistic, but that said, this isn't inevitable. The spin2win Barb build doesn't require that they never pause, or double back to actually kill stuff (instead of leaving most trash at about 25% hps). It's the Barb players who choose to move super fast and take all the fun when it's easy, before they bog down on a big single target and require your help to kill the Guardian.

And thus Barbs deserve to be shunned and vote-kicked!

[poll id="213"]​

Or not? Can a Spin2Win barb be a useful member of a party? Should players moderate their play style a bit, and not rush out far ahead of everyone else just because they can?
    Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
  2. Genocides

Genocides IncGamers Member

barbs that can't stick with the party continually defeating the purpose of the group buff to drops. The suggestions the blue makes won't work. Barbs will just go to the next game. There's also the godbuild monks with in-geom/envious blade that have to kill elites fast to keep the buff and perma dashing up.

3. IronDuke

IronDuke IncGamers Member

This goes for grifts mainly but for me it is not the class it is always the player that is the problem. The same player types are the ones that click all the pylons without wanting for nemesis bracers or all members to be in range. The whirlwind barb is fine to team with if the player sticks around until the dps players are safe.

The problem that I have with t6 is that it is too easy and no one needs to stick around and party to kill the mobs. I find grift 35 is where you need to team but below that the mobs are so easy it might as well be normal difficulty.

4. LUH3417

LUH3417 IncGamers Member

I'm a barb and I play nice. I don't run ahead and kill all the elites and leave the trash mobs. I stay with the group, so we all reap the benefits of the party buff. I also spam funny voice commands and use /dance a lot.

The only time I don't play nice is when people are navigating maps wrong. It's just stupid to run headlong into the middle of map, or flop around it like a epileptic trout. Just follow one of the outside boundaries in a clockwise or counter-clockwise fashion and/or take every left or right turn. It's not hard. I'm looking at you; dude who zigzags through the prison maps!

5. Muggs

Muggs Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

There are good barbs and bad barbs. I am playing a barb this season and was in a speed 45s with another barb and I told him that it is barbs him like that give the rest of us a bad name. He went speeding off aggroing everything and leaving everything at 80% hp. I mean just a useless toolbag. The issue is that barbs have an easier time being useless toolbags because WW is just too easy to move fast. Good players understand the benefit of the group and stay with them the entire run.

This also shows the importance of a decently filled friendslist and a good clan so you can avoid dipshits.

I get more annoyed at playing with Tal's wizards notbecause they are bad to play with but they spam the ground with so much shit you cannot see anything.

6. Mithron

Mithron IncGamers Member

Anything with all this mobility shouldn't be a thing. It's anti-fun. Mobility should be a battle-themed thing, not a skipping ahead from fight to fight thing. I thought they learned their lesson from old WotB Barb. These builds should just be for speed farming T6, never the "GR50 pushing" builds. Pushing builds should be more focused on the actual fight with each mob and elite.

7. Turbojugend

Turbojugend IncGamers Member

i'm a barb and i prefer to use Forced March so everyone can keep up with my madness.

8. Spriggen

Spriggen IncGamers Member

the only thing i hate about barbs is the dust devils, they should be made like pets only seen by the player using, it makes it difficult to see saxis and sand shaper rift guardians tornados but also ground based effects

9. ImmortalD3

ImmortalD3 IncGamers Member

Ha. As soon as I got to where I wanted, the first thing I thought was Damn, there is no way I can take this out into public. So I have been staying in either Solo or higher greaters with my Demon Hunter clan mates. I totally see why and what the big deal is. I guess it can be useful for barbs that want to steamroll and let leachers leach. But yeah I have always stayed out of pubs with mine.

10. mjinspace

mjinspace IncGamers Member

In seasons,just run behind barbs and pick up items... Fun, right? Personally I don't mind but guess its another thing for players to complain about.

11. Silverfang

Silverfang IncGamers Member

The vote is lacking the option "Can't say. I don't play party."

12. Darkmere

Darkmere IncGamers Member

I think I'm going to "establish some ground rules for my team" the next time I enter a public game. Should be good for a laugh.

13. Nodders

Nodders IncGamers Member

Never had a problem with barbs , it's Wizards where I can't see a thing . But then that's what they want to play I don't complain .

Far too many whiners in this game now , it's like goldilocks and the three bears , it's too hot / too cold and never just right .

14. pengtuck

pengtuck IncGamers Member

If you're a little squishy there's a slight chance that those idle mobs the barb left behind will actually start to gang up on you when you're following his trail. That sometimes really sucks if you don't have enough firepower to blow the mobs away.

15. Sephyron2

Sephyron2 IncGamers Member

I see T6 rifts as a kind of self imposed torture so when im in one im usualy happy for anything that makes it end faster. 90% of the time im just there to get more GR keys or to find blues for mats so if all i have to do is focus on picking up loot its all good.

16. Sephyron2

Sephyron2 IncGamers Member

I see T6 rifts as a kind of self imposed torture so when im in one im usualy happy for anything that makes it end faster. 90% of the time im just there to get more GR keys or to find blues for mats so if all i have to do is focus on picking up loot its all good.

17. mortuus

mortuus Diablo: IncGamers Member

sad to see barbs getting so much crap thrown at us, i dont get it isnt it good having a decent barb in a party? if anything i hate all wds and dhs.. stupid rangers thar crit way too much,, i had a game with a paragon 900 wd, he said his pets alone crits for 600 mil, YES 600 mil just his pets, lol my ancients crits for maybe 50 mil.. and thats with almost 80% more damage to them.. barbs if anything needs a buff, look at greater rifts top 100, not many barbs there only wds, crusaders and dh....

18. RaiJin Roh

RaiJin Roh IncGamers Member

The tread is quite stupid Flux. The name should've been
    "Noobs hate barbarian noobs!"

Seriously you don't see something like this on hardcore only softcore babies cry.

19. grandmaster

grandmaster IncGamers Member

Be a nice barb and put on Chilanik's Chain and switch to Forced March. This way the whole team is on steroids B)

20. ChimpMagnet

ChimpMagnet IncGamers Member

The problem is a lack of a higher tier than T6 for Rifts, they wouldn't runaway if everything, including elites, died in 1 second. As far as how bad it is, it's way better than what it used to be with Raekor barbs after the retune and furious charge rune change, now that was impossible to follow around.