Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Everyone has teleport?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by DarkSatyr, Apr 15, 2008.

1. DarkSatyr

DarkSatyr IncGamers Member

Everyone has teleport?

I just watched some videos of PvP and hardcore on youtube, and everyone had teleport. How? Why? When?

2. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

3. awilhelmscream

awilhelmscream IncGamers Member

Re: Everyone has teleport?

They will most likely be using enigma.
    If it's lld then they may be using an item with charges.

... they might be a sorc :hide:

4. DarkSatyr

Ah, gear gives u teleport...i imagine this is a PvP must-have, but is it needed for PvM or common in PvM? and on that note i saw a lot of "PK's" I've only done singleplayer thus far, but i plan to make my next char on Bnet, are there PvM servers where i won't get killed by extremely more experienced people? and if so, is it possible for me to start on a PvM server till later when i think i can handle PvP? And how exactly does the gold form death work?

5. PvtCaboose

PvtCaboose IncGamers Member

Only if your flagged PvP you'll be attacked from other people flagged.

some gear is needed for specific builds

6. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

This is a PvP must-have for some builds and some circumstances, but definately not so much an absolute must-have. Certainly, a lot of builds don't need them. Without a good low frame cast rate, it'll be better to stock faster run/walk speed. Plus, teleport eats up mana quite easily. It's quite handy for PvM to explore the map, and even more handy for summoner builds.

Unlike newer games, there is no differentiation of PvM and PvP servers on B.Net.

From Arreat Summit:
    From Arreat Summit (you should really use that site, it has answers to most your questions):

As for what happens outside of a PK, IIRC you lose 1/5 of your maximum stash gold to death. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

7. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

What the hell? Are you trying to confuse him? :unimpressed:

There are only 2 flags at character creation: Ladder/Non Ladder and Softcore/Hardcore.

8. PvtCaboose

I was talking about IN GAME... You know those two little swords you can hit makes you ready to duel? I saw that fly over your head... Its okay.

9. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

You don't flag for pvp ingame, the other person can do it to you without your approval and you can be Pked.

10. PvtCaboose

Whatever... It's common sense to leave the game if you feel your going to PK'd.

11. DarkSatyr

any way i can just stop any1 from joining?
    i know i can't host war3 games, does that mean i wont be able to host D2 ones?
    and is there anywhere safe to meet friends. cause from what i see i have to trust them with my life (im assuming it wont be that hard to PK me, im just starting) to even say hi.
    and where are these swords located? and can they really just save me from all aggressors?
    and finally, how common would you say PKer's are?

12. ale beer two

ale beer two IncGamers Member

ex wow player?

Being pk'ed is not that common really unless you purposefully opiss someone off. Most PVP players look for PVP games.

If someone does come after you, they have the challenge of actually finding you. if they do, just leave the game and join another.

13. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

PKed is very uncommon, since I restarted a the beginning of January I haven't even been Pked once, only been hostiled a couple times and that was from people hosteling bots.

14. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

PKing is more common on hc though, for obvious reasons. Death = death means some people will want to kill you. Rude huh?

15. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

I'll want to see you leaving game when a PK-bot joins in, hostiles and PK's you very fast in Hardcore.

16. awilhelmscream

awilhelmscream IncGamers Member

If you are really concerned about PKers then yeah you could stop other people joining your games by password protecting them or limiting the number of players allowed in the game, but as is said abover PKers aren't all that common so you should be fine playing normally.

If you're asking if there is somewhere in game where you can't be attacked then yes there is. Staying in town will prevent anyone from attacking you, so if you feel you're at risk of getting PKd you can always go back to town as well.
    If it literally is just to talk to friends on bnet you can do that in chat channels, on forums or in game (in town) with no risk of being attacked.

The swords can be found to the left of the player's names in the party menu.
    If someone hostiles you and you click on the swords to go neutral they can still attack you untill they choose to go neutral as well.
    As said above check out the arreat summit section on PvP it has all this there.

17. Bob The Barbarian

Bob The Barbarian IncGamers Member

Maybe I've been lucky ... or maybe wise. I haven't seen a lot of PKer's on Bnet, tho undoubtedly they are there.

What the others have said ... do that and you'll be safe, or at least as safe as you can be. You can avoid those 80+ idiots that insist they want to duel you "for fun" when your level is significantly lower than theirs. Also be aware, it is not only their level that can make them dangerous to duel, but the equipment they carry as well. So a lvl 15 character could repeatedly kill another lvl 15 (or higher) with the right gear.

I personally ignore dueling challenges as that is not why I play the game. If you like dueling, your response might be different. Just be aware of the factors involved.

18. theheft

theheft IncGamers Member

And if you do get killed in one or two hits by someone half you level, please, please, please do no accuse them of using hacks or cheating. They are more than likely a bored LLD doing some PK for fun.

19. DarkSatyr

yeah, horde too with an 11:1 ratio A:H on my server, i was always watching my back :shocked:

20. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

If I ever get PK'd, my son is going to have some serious explaining to do. . . . considering I only play SP and sometimes with him on a LAN.

OK, once in a while with the people from the SP Forum, but I'm comfortable Thyiad has my back.