Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Everybody Loves Raymond

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CyberHawk, May 17, 2005.

1. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Everybody Loves Raymond

I dont know if any of you watched this show, I watched a re-run every now and then on TBS. But it the beginning I thought that this sitcom was all about yelling and such, but eventually I found myself laughing at their reaction and comments towards each other. "Ya Nancy!"..comes to mind.
    But anyway its going on for 90 mins tonight..and since I seem to be the "Finale" guy this week, mine as well post this one as well. (Alot of series ar coming to an end this month..its normal I guess). But this show will the last one. From now on its all re-runs.
    But ya tune in if ya want..its been going on for 9 yrs, and even tho you might not be a fan (I'm not really)..its still fun to be apart of something thats been going on for so long, and really is alot of fun to watch sometimes. To see its end is always kinda a sad point..becasue "good" sitcoms are not so common nowadays that involve real people.
    CBS.

2. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

I really like Everybody Loves Raymond, it's one of my favourite shows because the actors' facial and verbal expressions are priceless.
    I find this show to be hilarious and I'm sad that it's come to an end.

The final episode wasn't much of a finale for the show, but I enjoyed it. I was kinda hoping thta the 90 minute finale would be more of a long episode, but I'll take what I can get. It's cool to know what the actors think of each other anyways.
    Sad to see one of my favourite shows go like this.

3. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Well I always noticed when they went from season to season they didnt really make a big deal like some shows did. You know how some have deaths, or extremely close calls and such. Raymond just kinda flowed like a normal family does..it keeps on keepin' on. Guess they may stick to that..as I haven't seen it yet in my timezone. I liked this tho, I never watched the up-to-date episodes, I always watched and usually stayed like a season or 2 behind the new one. But yes it turned to a show I know if I watched I could laugh at.

Robert made me laugh the most..lol, hes face and comments towards his mom.

Ya, good stuff. :thumbsup:

4. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

I can't believe how long the show was on. But it was pretty darn funny whenever I could catch it. I think it will be remembered as a really well put together, well-written show, that didn't rely on sex jokes or lame Fox-style jokes to be funny.

5. Damotta

Damotta IncGamers Member

I didnt care for the show a whole lot, but I often watched it because it's on after Seinfeld which I watch pretty regularly. I like Ray trying to weasel out of situations, I like Frank's comments on Marie, and I like Robert's facial expressions, but overall there's just too much yelling and going behind each other's back for me. Maybe it's because I grew up in a fairly low-key family, and it conflicts with my values. *shrug*

But anywho, I'm sure they will be showing re-runs for years to come so those people who like the show can still watch it.

6. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

great show.

7. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Holy crap!

My grandmother is just like Marie and my dad is a lot like Frank. My brother's a bit like Robert and I'm a bit like Ray. The reason I liked the show so much was because their family was so much like everyone else's family; it was none of the standard sitcom family junk on so many of the other shows. The show will be missed.

8. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

I personally can't wait for it to be over. I never watched it, but the campaign they've been running for the finale has been driving me absolutely insane. Every other ad I see is for "the last ever" episode. Sitcoms are dead, and all recent attempts to resurrect them have been awful.

9. Moosashi

Moosashi IncGamers Member

I liked for a while, but after some time I couldn't understand what Ray's wife sees in him. She always gets the short end of the stick, or must take it on the chin in whatever argument they're having. She's always in the right, but for all her ranting about Ray's laziness, she always seems to lose. And Ray, the fool, everybody loves him. Why?

10. Pitboss_2000

Pitboss_2000 IncGamers Member

I have always hated Raymond with a vengeance, actually. -_-

11. skihard

skihard Banned

Contrary to popular belief NOT Everyone Loves Raymond

12. Johnny6

Johnny6 IncGamers Member

My favorite show is "Everybody Digs Damon," it comes on right after "Cedric in the Center" on Sunday nights.

13. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

don't really get the jokes in this show but its not that bad. haven't seen it for a long time though

14. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

I was sorry to see it go. A classic.